Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lukenorris

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
My two thoughts. I am a tmobile blackberry user with the pearl. I like my pearl and I like tmobile. I won't be leaving tmobile to goto cingular for the iphone. NO WAY! My idea is that the iphone already has 3G built in. They had 802.11n draft built into the latest macs. Why not? I had a E61 phone, pretty crappy, don't buy one... it had 3G if tmobile supported it. No EGDE though.

And the apple TV, it has a intel processor. Which one? Must be one of the new ones to support 720p. If 720p content is coming, will they start selling HD movies and TV shows?

Luke

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
From what I understand, which is very little, 3G is more expensive to implement. It was indicated during the keynote that it would come eventually. There are bandwidth constants on how much resolution is feasible and profitable (at current prices). Apple upped the video resolution a few months ago. If most people find that acceptable, as they do with 128kbps AACs for music, they will stay with the current resolution.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.