Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fusionskies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
United Kingdom
Been bored in lockdown, so I decided to go through all my old apple products that I have accumulated over the years.

One of them is an old iPhone 4 that had been water damaged in the past. I had a few options with it, put it back in the drawer and forget about it, stripping down for functioning parts, selling as junk... Or framing it.

I loved the iPhone 4, it was (and still is) my favourite iPhone Apple ever produced. It was also the first iPhone to have more aesthetically pleasing internals, compared to the 3GS and prior. Its the closest I will get to having a clear iPhone 4, which would have been awesome.

I wanted to take a deeper look into the phone, so I took it apart just out of curiosity, and took the battery out (and kept it out) for safety reasons. The battery was starting to bloat, but I feel a dummy battery would look great in there, just to fill that empty gap.

I'm thinking that a white card backing would make it look better.

IMG_5870.JPG

Anyway, just wanted to share, don't plan on making more, but I think its cool.
If I could pick another device to frame in a similar manner, it would definitely (hypothetically) be an iPhone X. Not sure about the cost price though right now!

bhtwo

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2012
Oxford UK
Yes... my fave iPhone, design and materials.
I have two which I've put my iTunes library on (oops - music)

I use them wifi only so they will perform some basic functions, no Mixcloud now unfortunately.

Reactions: Fusionskies

Fusionskies

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2015
United Kingdom
Yes... my fave iPhone, design and materials.
I have two which I've put my iTunes library on (oops - music)

I use them wifi only so they will perform some basic functions, no Mixcloud now unfortunately.

Shame they can't be downgraded back to iOS 6 (natively without dual boot), fortunately I have a white iPhone 4s for that, and I downgraded it before they stopped signing iOS 6.

myscrnnm

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2014
Seattle, WA
Well done! I know there's a company out there that makes these, but of course this is much cheaper. I may do this one day with my dead iPhone X if I completely give up on trying to retrieve my data from it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.