Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dcpmark

macrumors 65816
Oct 20, 2009
Yeah, that's what happens when you write things like "You're probably too young to remember this, but..." to a total stranger.

Hey, as I said, gentle ribbing in response to his first comment, which I also took as ribbing :):

There are occasions when you use the front camera that aren't self indulgent nonsense. Get out more and you'll experience some of them. ;)

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
My father, who was an avid photographer...if he were alive today, would have likely said something like this:

Any machine can snap a photograph...*people* take pictures and capture that moment in time.

YMMV.

And that earlier post about someone running off with your phone/camera...you just have to use good judgement.

Not saying selfies are bad...but the notion of carrying a selfie-stick and such, I would hope that selfies aren't your primary means of getting photos.

Last edited:

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
You could just check the specs, and you'd see:
1) smaller
2) no 3D Touch
3) 800:1 screen contrast vs 1400:1

I know the difference in specs and it's not $250 difference. That's what I'm saying. If it had different processors and less ram and all that other stuff ... No 3D Touch I could see the difference...

Look at the 6 and 6 Plus for example... The difference in price is only $100. Has no 3D Touch, slower processor the selfie cam is only 1.2 mp... The difference is only $100... The SE is definitely a better phone then the iPhone 6.

The iPhone 6s is NOT $250 better then the iPhone SE. I have all 3 the iPhone 6s, 6s Plus and SE and there's not $250 difference between them

Reactions: nerdriot

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
The iPhone 6s is NOT $250 better then the iPhone SE. I have all 3 the iPhone 6s, 6s Plus and SE and there's not $250 difference between them
Unquestionably correct. I think what we will see this September though, is something we've never seen before. The 6s will slot into the 6 price point, but the SE will not be updated and will not move in price at all.

Leaving a lineup of 7/$650, 6s/$550, SE $400 (low end models).

The current lineup is strange because, for the first time ever, the cheap model is clearly superior to the midrange model (screen size aside, which is a personal preference). It will all make sense again come September, when the low end is again the least-feature-packed device, and the gap between the SE and 6s narrows.

Reactions: Tthomas612
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.