Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mr. Dee

macrumors 603
Dec 4, 2003
Jamaica
In the words of reply from Steve Jobs I got a few years ago:

Sorry, but no.

- Steve,
Sent from my iPhone

ValiumEater

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2015
This is a terrible design for a new iPhone. It's outdated, uninspired, and made by an amateur who has no understanding of evolutionary design aesthetic. The specs are a joke as well. That's my feedback.

Surrylic

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
I really like the screen idea. That extra lip at the top that always displays the time and connectivity. It would be there no matter if you're playing a game or watching a video or using any app. I would like to always be able to see that information, especially when I'm actually using my phone. Too many apps (like games, of course) end up hiding that display at the top and it REALLY gets on my nerves when I'm using my phone and have to either pull down the notification menu (which takes a couple times because it's hidden by the app/video and you just get that pull down arrow the first time), or I have to hit Home to see the home screen. I just want to be able to see the damn clock while I'm using this device that can tell time!

Reactions: VAGDesign

VAGDesign

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2014
Greece
Regardless of the 10 minutes image I did on the 1st page, @Surrylic is one of the few who got the reason I've posted this thread here. Thank you.

bushman4

macrumors 601
Mar 22, 2011
besides iOS 10 etc iPhone 7 needs to be bezeless as well as get rid of the home button for openers.
It's about time Apple started listening to the customer

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
besides iOS 10 etc iPhone 7 needs to be bezeless as well as get rid of the home button for openers.
They haven't listened about anything before?

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
What about customers who like the physical home button? I'd not realised every iPhone user wanted rid of the home button!!

Reactions: ABC5S and Skika

ABC5S

Suspended
Sep 10, 2013
Florida
Concept Designs are just that, and I pay absolutely no attention to them since they never see the light of day. I want to see the actual thingy ;)

VAGDesign

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2014
Greece
Well, if Apple won't bring the "Always On" screen I've mentioned on the image, seems that LG will bring it to it's G5 upcoming model... Difference is that I put it on a separate part of screen, a dedicated one. LG is making it on the main screen, as Nokia did in the past.

This is just an update of what most mobiles will go in the near future.

ZEEN0j

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2014
Well, if Apple won't bring the "Always On" screen I've mentioned on the image, seems that LG will bring it to it's G5 upcoming model... Difference is that I put it on a separate part of screen, a dedicated one. LG is making it on the main screen, as Nokia did in the past.

This is just an update of what most mobiles will go in the near future.

I'm guessing many android phones will have a always on display this year. There's a rumor s7 will have it. iPhone won't have it until they start using a oled display I think.

VAGDesign

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2014
Greece
iPhone-7-Concept-by-VAG.jpg

New Features of iPhone 7 that I dream of:

• New Retina Screen with “Always ON” Info
• New Home Button with integrated Screen
• New 8MP Facetime HD 3D Cameras
• New 16MP 3D Main Cameras
4K 3D video capable with “Always Focused
4GB DDR5
• New Apple A10 CPU
4X faster graphics
3 Different sizes (4”, 5” and 6“ Screens)
• Familiar Design – Thinner Body 6,1mm
• Faster – up to 3X faster than iPhone 6s
• Revolutionary New iOS X
• Brand new Battery with 3X up-time and
Move to Charge” ability to charge on the go

Capacities available: 64, 128 and 256GB

Today I took some time off to design a new iPhone that I would like to upgrade to. My contribution to the community of speculations and “wishes”. I hope Apple won’t mind to drop some ideas as an outsider to a device we all use day after day
simple-smile.png

Apple Designs and Logo/Graphics belong to them. Ideas of the concept that doesn’t exist yet, belong to me, VAG.

I hope you like it, if you do, please share!
Thanks!

Well seems iPhone 7 could be this design after all :)
Today iPhone SE introduced with the exact same body as iPhone 5s and the above concept I've posted on February 1st.

Dreams can come true sometimes ;)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Well seems iPhone 7 could be this design after all :)
Today iPhone SE introduced with the exact same body as iPhone 5s and the above concept I've posted on February 1st.

Dreams can come true sometimes ;)
SE was meant to be be link to the existing 4-inch phones as an upgrade to them. iPhone 7 is going to be redesign more than likely as usual, so there's little chance they are going to go with something that looks almost exactly like the iPhone 5/SE line of phones for a new flagship phone design.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.