Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DMVillain

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
This was the most simple preorder I've done. I preordered a 7 and 7 Plus, both black 128 and both with IUP. Friday pickup.

rbf1138

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
If you sell the device you got via IUP you are on the hook for all 24 payments. The last 12 payments are waived if you trade in the device when you upgrade at the Apple Store.

Should've clarified: selling a 6s I paid for in full last year with Verizon. Enrolled in IUP for the first time last night.

sjsharks13

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2008
Heres a question: So i wasn't about to go through all this in store reservation stuff most people were going through so I just re enrolled in the program even though I am already a member. Estimated delivery date is 10/4-10/10. Do you think when I receive my new phone I could go into the apple store with the old one and turn it in? I mean I started a new contract with citizens so I technically did upgrade. Either that or I have to sell the phone to a third party and pay of citizens that way for my current phone

unbiased

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Last night I woke to my alarm at 3:15am EST, apple.com did not appear to allow me to pre-order yet, but on our phones through the Apple store app, pre-orders had begun.

We had no problems with iPhone 7's (though jet-black was not available, selected black instead); however, I had wanted the iPhone 7 Plus which was only available in the 32gb version. Also, we have 2 stores in Columbus - only one of these two were showing up. The other wasn't even listed...

I do think the Upgrade Program hinders customers as we do not have the option to wait for (ship) the item we would prefer, we only have the selection available to us on launch day at a store... we could wait; however, I will assume, seeing as this is a loan, we will be charged for each day we continue to hold onto the prior phone...

It would be nice if they could incorporate a ship to store appointment.

samdale67

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2012
Payne Gap, Texas
This is my second Apple Upgrade Phone. Set an alarm at 1:50 a.m. CST and waited patiently for 2:00 a.m. to strike. Seconds later I was in the Apple Store using the iPhone app. IMMEDIATELY after choosing my local store in Fort Worth, there were no black or jet black pluses and no pluses available with 256 GB. All my choices were limited to Sprint. The same was generally true for essentially all the stores in the DFW area that I checked. I was somewhat disappointed, but I was able to reserve a silver 128 Plus, my second choice. What are the chances of getting a black plus 256 on the 16th at my local store I wonder.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.