Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Would you pay $140 or more a month for a phone bill on iPhone8 if the monthly lease price increases?

• Yes

• No

• Yes, but it would mean giving up other monthly expenses in order to afford it

Results are only viewable after voting.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
Just curious, but do you subscribe to the same philosophy when buying a house? (Assuming that you have, or intend to purchase one). buying a home outright with no mortgage is not realistic for most people.

Can't really compare buying a phone outright, or even a car to a house. Not even close.

michael9891

Cancelled
Sep 26, 2016
I brought it up because the poster said that he applies the buy outright philosophy to everything, including cars.

Not sure why I quoted that. I thought you were saying getting credit for a phone or car is almost on par with a house!

A bit silly of him to suggest if you can't buy a house outright, you shouldn't be getting one. House prices are crazy.

Jun 28, 2017
Here in the UK and Europe things are different. My iPhone SE is £19 a month - nothing upfront and 5GB data with unlimited calls/texts etc which means that my contract is £3 a month when taking in the price of what a SE would cost. AMAZING DEAL!!! I'm thinking that the Edition will be £75 month. Plus I get 25% - 35% discount for being a loyal customer to the network.
Phones in the USA seem to be way expensive!

To me, with my deal, it seems stupid to 'buy' an iPhone given that they are practically useless after 2 or 3 years.

joeblow7777

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2010
Not sure why I quoted that. I thought you were saying getting credit for a phone or car is almost on par with a house!

A bit silly of him to suggest if you can't buy a house outright, you shouldn't be getting one. House prices are crazy.

No kidding.

eyedoc2020

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2015
NOVA
IF I decide on upgrading, I will NOT be leasing it. I will be buying it outright. If I cannot afford to buy it cash I cannot afford it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.