Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
"Tru-Tone" is just something very common in other phones, and it doesn't affect the display quality. It is still the exact same screen as it used to be like..4 years ago!?

I disagree with the other guy and you.

True Tone is unique to the iPhone.

Also, the screen got a big upgrade from the iPhone 6s to 7. It introduced wide colour gamut to the P3 Spec.
[doublepost=1506271820][/doublepost]
I understand the marketing aspects. But you stated it it was "The same display as the 7", it's not, it includes Tru-Tone as well.
True Tone is software that manages the temperature.

It is the same display.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
"Tru-Tone" is just something very common in other phones, and it doesn't affect the display quality. It is still the exact same screen as it used to be like..4 years ago!?

Given the understanding of what Tru-Tone is,
My whole point was Apple's own wording was using the Retina display being "New", which was indicated to a member who questioned that it was not in fact stated otherwise. Regardless of screen temperaments and resolution.
[doublepost=1506272245][/doublepost]
True Tone is software that manages the temperature.

It is the same display.

It's semantics at this point. Back to the original point earlier in thread, My point was what was directly stated on their website which was proven otherwise. Marketing or not, Apple stated it, I correlated The relation to The aspect if someone questioned Apple's Own wording, hence the link.

Furthermore, you never indicated Tru-Tone to begin with until another member disagreed with you, then you explained yourself because of what you didn't contribute.

Last edited:

Shanghaichica

macrumors G5
Apr 8, 2013
UK
But the display in the 7 plus was different than the one in the 6S plus. It had a wider colour gamut and I could tell it was different.

Reactions: jabingla2810

jabingla2810

macrumors 68020
Oct 15, 2008
Given the understanding of what Tru-Tone is,
My whole point was Apple's own wording was using the Retina display being "New", which was indicated to a member who questioned that it was not in fact stated otherwise. Regardless of screen temperaments and resolution.
[doublepost=1506272245][/doublepost]

It's semantics at this point. Back to the original point earlier in thread, My point was what was directly stated on their website which was proven otherwise. Marketing or not, Apple stated it, I correlated The relation to The aspect if someone questioned Apple's
Own wording, hence the link.

Furthermore, you never indicated Tru-Tone to begin with until another member disagreed with you, then you explained yourself because of what you didn't contribute.

The screens are the same. At the point of manufacture, the iPhone 7 and 8 and built with the same LCD screens.

I thought that was common knowledge.

Anyway, I’m out.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I thought that was common knowledge.

That's what I was thinking when you didn't even consider Tru-Tone to be an added feature to the display. I also thought that was common knowledge, since Apple marketed this feature and someone else indicated you missed it.

pirarre

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2010
I can't understand if they added portrait lightening to the back of the 8 + way not add it to the front. Seems like a marketing move to sell the X. Clearly it's just software same as portrait mode
I agree.

I mean, they could've added every feature for both phones the 8+ and X and just gave the X the new design. If they wanted to add one feature that's specific to the X, then add the facial recognition to it.

I'm sure people would've still purchased it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.