Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shanu2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Hello Everyone,

My iPhone 4S, which is on iOS 6 has started freezing. The weird thing is, that it only freezes at certain points inside apps, and doesn't go away even after re-installing/deleting the app. For example, it happens when I click on a person's info inside Whatsapp. Or when I open up a app's page in AppAddict, or when I open the app '7 Words'.

By 'Freezes', I mean it completely freezes, the only thing I can do then is to simultaneously press the home and power buttons to do a forced restart.

I don't really want to restore my iPhone, as I'll loose my jailbreak and will be forced to update to iOS 7. This happens in SafeMode as well. So I guess it's not a Cydia Tweak issue. But I maybe wrong.

Please and Thanks for the Help People. :)

E2EK1EL

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
Hello Everyone,

My iPhone 4S, which is on iOS 6 has started freezing. The weird thing is, that it only freezes at certain points inside apps, and doesn't go away even after re-installing/deleting the app. For example, it happens when I click on a person's info inside Whatsapp. Or when I open up a app's page in AppAddict, or when I open the app '7 Words'.

By 'Freezes', I mean it completely freezes, the only thing I can do then is to simultaneously press the home and power buttons to do a forced restart.

I don't really want to restore my iPhone, as I'll loose my jailbreak and will be forced to update to iOS 7. This happens in SafeMode as well. So I guess it's not a Cydia Tweak issue. But I maybe wrong.

Please and Thanks for the Help People. :)

Give this a try

shanu2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 13, 2013
Solved it.

For those who may encounter this ***** in the future,

Just go into iFile/(Any other way to get into your iDevice's filesystem)

Then navigate to: /var/mobile/media/iTunes_Control/iTunes

Then rename the file 'iTunesCDB' and you're good to go.

Everything works. Go to town. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.