Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Anneks

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
UK
There's a video showing a women getting her hands on an iPhone SE (likely a clone or fake) from a stand in the so-called “Silicon Valley of hardware,” Huaqiangbei Commercial Street in Shenzhen, China.

Despite a lot of rumors about the iPhone SE looking like the iPhone 5s the iPhone SE (Clone?) in this video looks just like a smaller Rose Gold iPhone 6s. In my opinion it is probably fake but it could be similar to how the actual iPhone SE will look.

Either way we only have a week left before the official reveal but here is a link to the video so you can see.

Video:

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Good Lord tell me you're joking? Is it April 1 already?
Laugh all you want but times have changed.This is now the design standard

ea5544ef5a669aedbdeb16aecdf772e1.jpg

3da37a83397a247a82c2883153a3f497.jpg

In comparison this SE and even the 7 looks underwhelming

Even The Verge a noted Apple fan site states the new Samsung is a design leader,not a follower
http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/15/11221814/samsung-galaxy-s7-design-leader
"
At MWC 2017, I expect to see the rise of the Galaxy S copycats. Samsung’s strengths have up until now been hard to copy — because its vibrant Super AMOLED displays and great cameras require major investments of time and money — however its new penchant for beautiful yet distinctive design is ripe for ripping off.
"

Reactions: trifid and ABC5S

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Is the "design standard" an useless curved display that basically distort images ?
Glad Apple isn't copying Samsung ....
I wouldn't change my used iPhone 6S for a new S7 Edge even for free....

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Laugh all you want but times have changed.This is now the design standard

ea5544ef5a669aedbdeb16aecdf772e1.jpg

3da37a83397a247a82c2883153a3f497.jpg

In comparison this SE and even the 7 looks underwhelming

Even The Verge a noted Apple fan site states the new Samsung is a design leader,not a follower
http://www.theverge.com/2016/3/15/11221814/samsung-galaxy-s7-design-leader
"
At MWC 2017, I expect to see the rise of the Galaxy S copycats. Samsung’s strengths have up until now been hard to copy — because its vibrant Super AMOLED displays and great cameras require major investments of time and money — however its new penchant for beautiful yet distinctive design is ripe for ripping off.
"
So it's a new "standard" because it will become one based on what some people think, rather than because it is actually one at the moment? Seems like logic is in full effect there.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Too bad Apple is doing EXACTLY that

https://www.macrumors.com/2016/03/08/5-8-inch-oled-iphone-wraparound-display-possible/

And the curved display isn't useless.....
If you think you're leading and no one is following, then you're simply taking a walk.

Design subjectivity aside, Samsung has made an entire business from copying Apple. I love how that's now being spun as leadership. Laughable.

"The curved display isn't useless." Perhaps not useless, but most definitely a gimmick and not "forward-thinking" design leadership.

1000 "No's" for every "Yes."

EDIT: Funny enough, you refer to Samsung "leading," but your link refers to Apple's patent on an edged display from 2011. When did Samsung's edge displays make their debut again?

Last edited:

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
A random rumor about something that is possible means that's actually happening? The logic or it all just keeps on getting better and better.
No, it's actually better than that. It's a random rumor based on a 2011 patent. And we all know that Apple--as with most companies--patents anything and everything that it can. There are thousands of patented ideas that will NEVER see the light of day.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
A random rumor about something that is possible means that's actually happening? The logic of it all just keeps on getting better and better.
Lets be real here.All these leaks and rumors are real.Apple is piss poor at keeping secrets

Reactions: ABC5S

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

https://www.macrumors.com/2016/03/08/5-8-inch-oled-iphone-wraparound-display-possible/

Too bad Apple could be implementing it far better. (See image)

Adding to the screen size to accommodate the wrap around and maintaining the 5.5" viewable screen real estate instead of distorting part of the 5.5" display, giving less usable, viewable screen overall.

Then add in 3D Touch. It's pretty easy to mis-tap something on the Edge just by holding it like one would normally grip a phone. With Apple's 3D Touch, you would get no or far less false taps because the sides would require pressure to engage something.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    234 KB · Views: 203

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013

I understand this is the Internet and this is a website forum, but what exactly is the sense in coming on a site that is about Apple and talk about Samsung being the "design" standard (LMAO.). The. Talk about Alple copying them based solely on a rumor?? The 5.8" iPhone with a wraparound display is nothing but a rumor at this point and we don't know if anyone will be copying anything...

Who actually wants a phone made out of all glass with metal in between the glass in 2016 (seems like 2010 to me).

Don't get me wrong I believe the Galaxy S6 and S7 are beautiful devices, but to say they are the design standard is very far fetched and then to say that Apple is copying them is even more far fetched ... Based solely off of a shaky rumor...

Reactions: Max(IT) and I7guy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.