Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wolfedude88

macrumors 6502
Feb 21, 2013
Indiana
I understand this is the Internet and this is a website forum, but what exactly is the sense in coming on a site that is about Apple and talk about Samsung being the "design" standard (LMAO.). The. Talk about Alple copying them based solely on a rumor?? The 5.8" iPhone with a wraparound display is nothing but a rumor at this point and we don't know if anyone will be copying anything...

Who actually wants a phone made out of all glass with metal in between the glass in 2016 (seems like 2010 to me).

Don't get me wrong I believe the Galaxy S6 and S7 are beautiful devices, but to say they are the design standard is very far fetched and then to say that Apple is copying them is even more far fetched ... Based solely off of a shaky rumor...

Um.... I would love for Apple to release a glass backed iPhone again. While I love the 5 series I still believe to this day that the 4 series was the pinnacle of the iPhone's design.

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
Looks fake to me too. I could be wrong but the headphones jack cut-out looked really odd, it gave it away.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Ummmmm you like em ugly..... that's cool. To each his own.
[doublepost=1458179461][/doublepost]
Ok thanks.
Or maybe you like them ugly? But, like you said, that's cool, to each his/her own.

Max(IT)

Suspended
Dec 8, 2009
Italy
Too bad Apple is doing EXACTLY that

https://www.macrumors.com/2016/03/08/5-8-inch-oled-iphone-wraparound-display-possible/

And the curved display isn't useless.....
Lol you don't even read your links...
It's related to a patent filled in 2011 WAY BEFORE Samsung did it (so in this case is Samsung the one copying).
And you are taking as a fact a TOTALLY UNCONFIRMED RUMORS about a future iPhone in 2018 !!!
[doublepost=1458204377][/doublepost]
I understand this is the Internet and this is a website forum, but what exactly is the sense in coming on a site that is about Apple and talk about Samsung being the "design" standard (LMAO.). The. Talk about Alple copying them based solely on a rumor?? The 5.8" iPhone with a wraparound display is nothing but a rumor at this point and we don't know if anyone will be copying anything...

there is a quite accurate definition about that, but I can't use it here. Go Figure ;)

Reactions: lagwagon

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013

So?One turned out to be false.The other two still stand.The general statement from the rumours is what's most important and that's no antenna lines,headphone jack and a curved screen iPhone in 2018
Too bad Apple could be implementing it far better. (See image)

Adding to the screen size to accommodate the wrap around and maintaining the 5.5" viewable screen real estate instead of distorting part of the 5.5" display, giving less usable, viewable screen overall.

Then add in 3D Touch. It's pretty easy to mis-tap something on the Edge just by holding it like one would normally grip a phone. With Apple's 3D Touch, you would get no or far less false taps because the sides would require pressure to engage something.

By the time Apple gets around to implementing this,Samsung would already have improved the Edge display even more considering we are talking 2018 here and also moved onto something new
It's related to a patent filled in 2011 WAY BEFORE Samsung did it (so in this case is Samsung the one copying).
And you are taking as a fact a TOTALLY UNCONFIRMED RUMORS about a future iPhone in 2018 !!!

there is a quite accurate definition about that, but I can't use it here. Go Figure ;)
So what if the patent is from 2011?The one who put that feature into marketable condition and sold it is the one who was first.Technically 3D Touch was done first by Nokia McLaren Windows Phone but the one who actually released it first was Apple which is what counts

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So?One turned out to be false.The other two still stand.The general statement from the rumours is what's most important and that's no antenna lines,headphone jack and a curved screen iPhone in 2018

By the time Apple gets around to implementing this,Samsung would already have improved the Edge display even more considering we are talking 2018 here and also moved onto something new

So what if the patent is from 2011?The one who put that feature into marketable condition and sold it is the one who was first.Technically 3D Touch was done first by Nokia McLaren Windows Phone but the one who actually released it first was Apple which is what counts
The point is that any can turn out to be false. Pretending orherwise and basing something on it is just silly and basically incorrect. You can try deflecting and twisting any of that all you want, it won't change the obvious reality. Once again your statements and positions have been shown to be inconsistent and undermined.

Reactions: lagwagon

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
Um.... I would love for Apple to release a glass backed iPhone again. While I love the 5 series I still believe to this day that the 4 series was the pinnacle of the iPhone's design.

I'm in no way downing the 4 series bro.. I'm just saying this dude is acting like because Sammy threw a piece of metal between two pieces of glass that they achieved some higher level of innovation or something ... Which they did not ...
[doublepost=1458264996][/doublepost]

Ha ha Max, I understand. This dude just a Sammyturd trying to pee us Apple people off

Reactions: Max(IT)
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.