Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacksterg51

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 13, 2016
Honeymoon ãve.
Hi everyone, so far from what I have seen on the Macrumors thread is a lot of issues with the iPhone X, most of the known and common issues so far are:

Line Gate (Green line)
iPhone not working in cold weather.
Speaker Crackle
Does anyone have any other issues going on with their iPhone X, and what was the resolution you got?

umusachi

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2014
Adelaide Hills, South Australia
Yes. I am on my fourth iPhone X....
  1. Speaker crackle. (Actually swapped from 64GB -> 256GB - assumed speaker crackle was on all iPhone X, this is not the case)
  2. Faulty TrueDepth camera, rear camera and LED.
  3. Random shut downs and trouble booting (confirmed as hardware issue)
  4. Thermal throttling on most intensive app I have (GRID Autosport)
Each on a different iPhone X.

Jballz

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2017
Does anyone have any other issues going on with their iPhone X, and what was the resolution you got?

I got mine yesterday. One issue, is there supposed to be a “pock mark” off center in the middle of the two camera lenses on the back? It’s just down and to the right of the proximity sensor filter. Tiny dot, looks like a puncture. Is this normal or is it a defect? Thanks in advance if anyone knows.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
I got mine yesterday. One issue, is there supposed to be a “pock mark” off center in the middle of the two camera lenses on the back? It’s just down and to the right of the proximity sensor filter. Tiny dot, looks like a puncture. Is this normal or is it a defect? Thanks in advance if anyone knows.
normal.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
some kind of sensor I'd guess. or maybe they put it there to freak out the people who are looking too hard at the phone. ;)

iPhone_X_product_06.jpg

roeiz

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
I guess The rest of the world gets the less defective phones ;)

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I guess The rest of the world gets the less defective phones ;)

Sometimes I think when you have those who read on a tech forum, they read all the problems about with a certain device, but they don't take in consideration of the millions of other devices that are sold that may not have issues at all or never notice them. A tech forum is just where others congregate to discuss issues they have encountered, but may not be the same
For others outside of here.

SLSWE

macrumors member
Nov 12, 2013
A couple of times per day when I open an app it just shows a blank screen (my wallpaper) with no text or icons at all. I have to swipe from the bottom to close the app (wallpaper) and open it again.

Only happens once each time.

Beardedguy

macrumors member
Nov 16, 2017
New Jersey
Another thing that annoys me is the control center music widget thingy. The play button is too close to the fast forward and rewind so sometimes I go to pause and the song switches or the podcast skips back or forward 15 seconds. Bad enough I have to stretch up top to reach the control center.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
My only real issue, and it's not all that big, are the animations.
I think FaceID is faster than it appears due to the face animation (esp when an app asks for authentication).
Also the sleep button fade seems to take to long. I know it might be waiting for a double click but its long enough that you can actually press the sleep button and then open an app before the phone sleeps.

primmer10590

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2017
I'm fedup of my iPhone bugs already

When i play music on Deezer, sometimes, randomly, if i sleep the phone or check my notifications it pauses the music. It carries on doing this until i reboot the iPhone.

I also get the blank wallpaper screen like it's respringing or something.

NickYanakiev

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2016
Inaccurate GPS tracking when using both Google Maps and Apple Maps. I am now on my third iPhone X and it has the exact same issue. I reported it to Apple as have others (multiple times). Yet, they claim that they are not aware of a GPS issue..

RandyMass

macrumors regular
Sep 8, 2016
With all the various issues. I think this was a hastily put together phone. Sure, there are many success stories. But by reading the board, it seems like more negatives than positives. And why these issues are not getting talked about much in the press is beyond me. I had a 256 Silver X and returned it. Back to the 7+

Stuart6

Suspended
Jan 30, 2017
RAM management is still an issue. I liked how iphone 7/6s handled RAM, but this one has been a disaster so far. Iphone X taking another L in speed test...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.