Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roeiz

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2010
With all the various issues. I think this was a hastily put together phone. Sure, there are many success stories. But by reading the board, it seems like more negatives than positives. And why these issues are not getting talked about much in the press is beyond me. I had a 256 Silver X and returned it. Back to the 7+

so around 100 people in the world make it a negative?
me and a few other millions think it's quite issue free.

Jballz

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2017
It's the noise cancelling microphone.

I hope I didn’t wreck it trying to scrape it off with my fingernail. Honestly was worried I had managed to jack up the only square half inch of the phone I don’t have covered in the first 8 hours of owning it.

Secondary issue, I am a creature of habit and live in a semi-rural area. Some dead zones here and there with all carriers. This X is most definitely more susceptible to them than the 6 I’ve been using the last three years (with a replacement battery that is also half dead now). Thus far my only issue of concern. I’m not sure it’s bad enough to justify a return. Going to test it across a wider range but have to say I’m positive at this point the antenna/reception on my x is not as good as it is on my 6.

CharlesShaw

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2015
I hope I didn’t wreck it trying to scrape it off with my fingernail. Honestly was worried I had managed to jack up the only square half inch of the phone I don’t have covered in the first 8 hours of owning it.

The lens cover is made from sapphire, so your fingernail would not be able to damage it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.