Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redman042

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2008
Clearly priorities vary widely, based on the range of responses here. Nokia 3310?? But I have to back the OP on this one. This new iPhone X in my hand blows everything else away. Damn this is a nice smartphone. This display. The form factor. The buttery-smooth speed. The camera. Holy hell.

Reactions: jbizzybeetle

eoblaed

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2010
Not the best iPhone design ever.

I disagree, but that is entirely subjective.

It's only two differentiating features from 8 Plus is Face ID and Animoji.

You’re ignoring the huge difference in display, one of the biggest differences between the phones.

And the OIS of the telephoto lens on the back, which is a huge boon for those of us that take lots of pics.

And the faster touch sensor refresh rate on the screen.

And the easier to hold form factor.

And the significantly increased durability (watch everythingapplepro’s drop test vs the 8).

And the ability to do portrait mode shots with the front camera.

And the neural network engine on chip.

Other than that it’s got some internal similarities with the 8 Plus, sure.

Last edited:

Suckfest 9001

Suspended
May 31, 2015
Canada
Question, why bring the Note 8 into this thread and try to compare it to the X based on a thread dedicated solely to the X? The Note 8 is a nice device, but why try and compete or make claims to something unrelated?
Because he's insecure in his recent purchase history. He spends practically all his time flinging mud in the iPhone section despite pretending to be super happy with his current devices. Doesn't sound like it to me

Ralfi

macrumors 601
Dec 22, 2016
Australia
The Note 8 is everything....better than a phone in which its main feature is unlocking your phone with your face and animojis....:D

I can't believe the Note 8 has double the RAM of the X (thought it had 4GB).

That video shows how well the RAM management is on the X, but a lot of those tests were network dependant.

majkom

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2011
I disagree, but that is entirely subjective.

You’re ignoring the huge difference in display, one of the biggest differences between the phones.

And the OIS of the telephoto lens on the back, which is a huge boon for those of us that take lots of pics.

And the faster touch sensor refresh rate on the screen.

And the easier to hold form factor.

And the significantly increased durability (watch everythingapplepro’s drop test vs the 8).

And the ability to do portrait mode shots with the front camera.

And the neural network engine on chip.

Other than that it’s got some internal similarities with the 8 Plus, sure.
Neural network chip - same as in ip8/ip8plus.
Dont forget about pwm used in ip x -even if you are not sensitive to flicker, this aint healthy....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.