Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you see red when playing this HDR video on Vimeo?

• Total voters

cornerexit

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2014
On LCD, yes, HDR is kinda lame.

Try watching HDR video on OLED in dark setting, and you will change your mind.

No I won’t. I’ve already seen it. Been in home theaters with LCD, OLED, and 4K Projection. OLED to me is just a waste. Current OLED’s at least, screen burn in like plasma. Sorry not with my money. I’m running X900E’s and they are fantastic, with fantastic blacks. OLED is much more expensive with minimal gains with big risks.

davedvdy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
I personally don't need any co-workers for me to call BS on blurry text on the XR. You folks with these super eyes that can see the faintest of details.. Glad I don't have your eyes. The XR display is just fine and folks need to really just knock off the BS.

I mean, the difference is there, it doesn't take a super trained eye. Detroitborg from Youtube notices it on
certain fonts, and he in no way was bashing the XR.

Pause @ 4:18 (lt side), and the pixelation can be seen in this vid too:

All this talk about trash OLED, so there's bs on both sides. ;)

Reactions: Raist3001

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
I mean, the difference is there, it doesn't take a super trained eye. Detroitborg from Youtube notices it on
certain fonts, and he in no way was bashing the XR.

All this talk about trash OLED, so there's bs on both sides. ;)

No trash talk on my part... I am telling you how it is for me. You damn well can't tell me what my eyes see or don't see so stop trying. I never said anyone was bashing the Xr, but I stand by my statement 100%. Detroitborg, he can't see through my eyes either... I have also never said anything bad about OLED. I simple said it wasn't worth the cost for me.

davedvdy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
No trash talk on my part... I am telling you how it is for me. You damn well can't tell me what my eyes see or don't see so stop trying. I never said anyone was bashing the Xr, but I stand by my statement 100%. Detroitborg, he can't see through my eyes either... I have also never said anything bad about OLED. I simple said it wasn't worth the cost for me.

I'm not telling you what your eyes can or cannot see, I'm saying that your own eyes aren't the universal standard. Also, what I'm saying is anecdotal evidence isn't sufficient (quite the opposite).
You said people are bs'ing, so I'm addressing that point...(e.g since you said "folks need to stop the bs").

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
I'm not telling you what your eyes can or cannot see, I'm saying that your own eyes aren't the universal standard. Also, what I'm saying is anecdotal evidence isn't sufficient (quite the opposite).
You said people are bs'ing, so I'm addressing that point...(e.g since you said "folks need to stop the bs").

But you ARE telling me what I should see. I only speak for myself and have always made that very clear. I am not trying to speak as a "universal standard". The evidence of my own eyes is sufficient as it will be for many. In fact many have already said as much. You are are arguing a totally moot point. Hopefully folks will let their eyes be the judge and not someone spewing BS (i.e. universal eye sight standard) LOL. I am done, so I'll give you the last word! :p

Last edited:

davedvdy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2011
But you ARE telling me what I should see. I only speak for myself and have always made that very clear. I am not trying to speak as a "universal standard". The evidence of my own eyes is sufficient as it will be for many. In fact many have already said as much. You are are arguing a totally moot point. Hopefully folks will let their eyes be the judge and not someone spewing BS (i.e. universal eye sight standard) LOL. I am done, so I'll give you the last word! :p

You're missing the point. By claiming that "folks need to stop the BS", you are judging them and everyone too, NOT just speaking for yourself. That implies that they are misleading/fooling people. You're using yourself as the evidence, and holding that against everyone else. If this goes over your head, I don't know what else to say lol.

OTACORB

macrumors 68000
Jun 21, 2009
Central, Louisiana
You're missing the point. By claiming that "folks need to stop the BS", you are judging them and everyone too, NOT just speaking for yourself. That implies that they are misleading/fooling people. You're using yourself as the evidence, and holding that against everyone else. If this goes over your head, I don't know what else to say lol.

No in this particular case I am only speaking for me and speaking directly to you! Nice Try though! LOL :D

Last edited:

gaanee

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2011
Does HDR video need to be recorded using special hardware or is it just the display which shows the video in HDR even with regular videos.. recorded normally on phone without HDR?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.