Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kubuntuman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
hey all, ive been looking and hunting, and spending so many hours trying to find a jailbreak for my ipod touch 2G MC 4.1. ive read so many articles watched tutorials, and searched multiple forums, all to discover that redsn0w is capable of doing so as well as sn0wbreeze. sn0wbreeze 2.0.2 i havent much faith in but it gets stuck at waiting for iBSS. ive tried at this point putting in recovery and within the program it says its all good, but no "waiting for custom firmware" appears on my ipod screen. in resn0w 0.9.6 b1 for windows, i put the ipod in dfu mode and it instantly gets "stuck" at "waiting for reboot" within redsn0w. grenpois0n has been released but it only supports down to 3G devices. I...NEED...HELP!

Aero26

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2010
We're in the same boat. Only I got redsn0w to kidna half work. When it says waiting for reboot, either pull out your dock connector and reconnect it very quickly. Your iPod will flash white and it will proceed. Or Hold Sleep+Home and reboot that way and it should work. If all else fails, it will just tell you to restart with putting it into DFU.

I personally went through the whole process and got no Cydia so I'm not hopeful.

Heavy Fluid

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
I am also trying to jailbreak my 2nd gen iPod Touch. I downloaded limera1n for the Mac, did the whole jailbreak thing, and it says that it is jailbroken, yet there is no limera1n icon or cydia icon. I will follow this thread to see if anyone comes up with anything.

Boots-

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2009
Canada
Greenpois0n rc4 has just been released. It is said to jailbreak iPod 2g mc and mb models. I just used it to jailbreak my mc model 2g ipod touch. So you guys should give it a try

kubuntuman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
yes!! worked for me to, i was worried green poison wasnt going to release support for earlier generations

ipodtouch2gmb

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2010
multitasking and home screen wallpaper in ipod touch 2GMC

Hey.

Finally is possible to jaillbreak ipod touch 2g MB but now i want to enable multitasking and home screen wallpaper. Is it possible for the ipod touch 2g with iOS 4.1?
With snowbreeze is possible to choose if we want it before jaillbreak but with greenpoison that is not possible...

Can anyone help me? Tanks

Heavy Fluid

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2008
Tried Greenpois0n on my iPod, and it just about bricked it. Deleted Limera1n and Greenpois0n from my Mac, and am just gonna keep it the way it is. Simply not worth the headache.

kubuntuman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 12, 2010
Tried Greenpois0n on my iPod, and it just about bricked it. Deleted Limera1n and Greenpois0n from my Mac, and am just gonna keep it the way it is. Simply not worth the headache.

ive "bricked" mine multiple times, simply hold home and power and itll go into recovery mode or back to its regular function. you must hold them for like a minute or so (unplugged from PC), then start the jailbreaking process over. use ireb and click on the second tab to access the recovery loop fixer if it goes into recovery, this way you wont need to use itunes to do a restore and try again.

iiCarnifex

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2011
Help me with jailbreaking..

Greenpois0n rc4 has just been released. It is said to jailbreak iPod 2g mc and mb models. I just used it to jailbreak my mc model 2g ipod touch. So you guys should give it a try

Hey maybe you could help me jailbreak my ipod.. Im 14 and i just bought it with my own money.. Its a 2G MC. and im pretty sure its a 4.2.1 i think... And my friend told me that he gets all his apps free by jailbreaking and you should help me totally...

equipment

macrumors newbie
May 19, 2011
I have an ipod touch mc w/updated ios 4.2.1ipsw and succesfull jailbreak using

Greenpois0n RC6 - 4.2.1 Untethered Jailbreak ... - go to jailbreakmatrix.com. and scroll down near the bottom of the list of devices and find your device.
there will be a chart with links to download instructions and the software that you need .

Worked for me.

equipment

kuyamon17

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2011
update to ios 4.2.1

update to ios 4.2.1 use snowbreeze 2.2 download your firmware 4.2.1 in felixbruns.de and download ireb rc6 just kick the bootroom from itunes and open ireb rc6 thats it it restore your ipod touch 4.2.1 with cydia on it

kuyamon17

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2011
Hey maybe you could help me jailbreak my ipod.. Im 14 and i just bought it with my own money.. Its a 2G MC. and im pretty sure its a 4.2.1 i think... And my friend told me that he gets all his apps free by jailbreaking and you should help me totally...

use snowbreeze 2.2 to pawn your 4.2.1 firmware and ireb rc6 to kick out of recovery room ur i device when u see the itunes error 1506 just quietely close itunes and run ireb rc6 then it will pop up itunes again telling you to restore just click SHIFT on windows os and find your pawn snowbreeze 4.2.1 firmware and it will restore with cydia on it HOLLA your ipod is jailbroken, add SOURCE cydia.hackulo.us/ then install INSTALLOUS 4 to download apps.

have me inform if you have problems.
add me on facebook.
kuyamon_17@yahoo.com
RAYMOND A. CABUNOC

(HAHA)

macrumors newbie
Jun 2, 2011
yes

Hey.

Finally is possible to jaillbreak ipod touch 2g MB but now i want to enable multitasking and home screen wallpaper. Is it possible for the ipod touch 2g with iOS 4.1?
With snowbreeze is possible to choose if we want it before jaillbreak but with greenpoison that is not possible...

Can anyone help me? Tanks

i have itouch 2g and i did it with greenpois0n. from cydia, search and install "ipt 2g multitasking and wallpapers". it will be from planet-iphones. install it and use winterboard to select "both". hope this helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.