Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arsu

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2011
i am trying to jailbreak this ipod touch which is on 4.3 right now. im using redsnow 0.9.6rc14 to upgrade to 4.3.2 and jailbreak. the jailbreak process does go through and complete in its entierty but once it finishes its nither upgrading the software to 4.3.2 nor is it installing cydia on to the ipod. if someone can please help me with this issue id greatly appriciate it.

thanks

DrEnalg

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2011
East Bay, CA
i am trying to jailbreak this ipod touch which is on 4.3 right now. im using redsnow 0.9.6rc14 to upgrade to 4.3.2 and jailbreak. the jailbreak process does go through and complete in its entierty but once it finishes its nither upgrading the software to 4.3.2 nor is it installing cydia on to the ipod. if someone can please help me with this issue id greatly appriciate it.

thanks

I just JB'd my Touch 3G. It was originally at 4.3, I updated it to 4.3.3 (via Apple), saved the SHSH blobs in TinyUmbrella, and then JB'd it with PwnageTool. I found I needed to do a complete restore (not update) in order to successfully save the SHSH blobs. After that, it was pretty straightforward.

I've tried all the Jailbreaking tools but I've found PwnageTool the most reliable.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.