Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Habbfreaky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2013
Hello,

I am looking for a case for an iPod Touch 5th generation (with camera and loop connector) but without a hole punched in for access to the loop connector.
I was hoping anyone could point me to one, since searching for cases "without loop hole" doesn't give me any results.

Thank you.

Edit: if you'd like any preference; I'm looking for an sleek, simple, cheap case in black color.

Last edited:

Habbfreaky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2013
Excuse me for bumping this tread (I don't know how much that isn't appreciated around here so sorry!) but I still cannot find any cases without a hole for the loop connector.

In other treads for iPod Touch cases, many state that it would be hard to find ones that do have that functionality, so can anyone point me to one that obstructs to use the loop connector, since I won't be using that very often?

Ghostbusters

macrumors regular
Nov 12, 2012
I've been looking for one too, my friend. Unfortunately haven't found one yet. However, if one is really desperate, perhaps you could purchase and modify a case for the new 16 GB model. The 16 GB model doesn't have a rear camera or loop, so there would be no cutout for either. All you would have to do is make your own cut out for the camera and flash. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult with an X-Acto utility knife. Any thoughts?

Habbfreaky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2013
I've been looking for one too, my friend. Unfortunately haven't found one yet. However, if one is really desperate, perhaps you could purchase and modify a case for the new 16 GB model. The 16 GB model doesn't have a rear camera or loop, so there would be no cutout for either. All you would have to do is make your own cut out for the camera and flash. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult with an X-Acto utility knife. Any thoughts?

I thought of that, too. I think I'll try first with a generic $2 case to see if it works properly, before risking a $29.99 purchase.

If someone does find a case without the "loop-hole", please share it here. I'm not the only one looking for one :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.