Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gustavopi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Brazil
Hi! I have an old iPhone 4S. I think it was the last model under Job's leadership, released with iOS5. After all those upgrades until the very last 9.x.x, my iPhone become unusable. After following some tips and hacks, with the help of Battery Doctor, my phone is usable again - with a little of patience!

My heart is divided for a while between to Jailbrake and play PSX games etc. or to keep it original and safe. Now, there will be no new major upgrades, no iOS10 11 etc. but the apps will continue to require more from my old hardware. So I am considering...

- I do think there is too many things in my iPhone, I would like to customize it and simplify it to my needs as is is possible with any macOS.
- There is no Apple support for my device, so might be a illusion to keep the original OS to stay safe and stable.

So, what do you think, is Jailbreaking a way to customize the iOS or does not worth it?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
So, what do you think, is Jailbreaking a way to customize the iOS or does not worth it?
Absolutely. I have a system wide dark mode because my iPhone is jailbroken.

But whether customizing improves performance or not, I don't think so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.