Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CLOD-HOPPER

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2015
My bad, what I meant was that there may be something in the OS which CS6 expects to find, but which is missing - a shared library for example. If that was happening, it may be that beginning with a clean install of the original macOS in which CS6 worked would be a good starting point. A fresh install of a later macOS may not contain the component CS6 needs, which would otherwise have remained during subsequent OS updates.

Just trying to think of avenues to continue exploring.
Well, za9ra22, my memory is a bit hazy, but when I first started using P.S. Ext. in 2013, the operating system might have been as early as El Capitan. I can't be sure. However, I can't go back to any ancient OSs. The last occasion of it being freshly installed (it worked perfectly) was in a partition in which had I installed High Sierra (the latest OS that my iMac will accept).

It seems clear to me that Adobe are not much interested in providing a way to use CS6 apps. However, something that someone (wonderings) suggested earlier is to do an "offline activation". For me, this seems to be a very complex procedure to follow, and that is why I have put it on the back burner. I hope I shall prove to be mistaken about Adobe.
C.H.

organicCPU

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2016
The following instructions have nothing to do with installation itself. They are the next steps, if the installation has been successfully.

For running Adobe CS6, Adobe wants to be Java (1.6.x) installed. Actually it doesn't need any Java libraries to work, but while launching Adobe CS6 apps, they usually throw some error about missing Java, if two specific Java folders are not present (/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk, /System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle).
To get those two empty folders in place, you need to temporarily disable SIP, create the folders and reenable SIP. It can be done in Terminal like this:
Bash:
# Restart the Mac and immediately press Cmd + R while booting to get into Recovery Mode
# Open Terminal.app and type:
csrutil disable
# Press Enter and type
reboot
# Press Enter

# After the Mac has been rebooted without SIP, the System folder can be modified in Terminal.app like this:
sudo mkdir -p /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk
# Press Enter and type
sudo mkdir -p /System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle
# Press Enter

# Restart the Mac and again immediately press Cmd + R while booting to get into Recovery Mode
csrutil enable
# Press Enter and type
reboot
# Press Enter

Reactions: CLOD-HOPPER

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
from what I have read CS6 is not supported after OS 10.11. It will run beyond that but think you will need work arounds (which others have mentioned) to get the installer to work. Adobe has no obligation to continue supporting software they made over 10 years ago. If you were running a supported OS for the software I am sure you would have no issue installing. So it really comes to this, you want the newest OS you can run, but then want to run older software. It can't really go both ways on Mac unfortunately, you can't have your cake and eat it to. If you want to run older software simply, then you need to run an old OS that supports the old software. What you could do, and this still takes a bit of work, is switch to Windows. Contact Adobe, have them change your license over to a Windows license, and install there. Windows is much better for users using legacy applications in their latest and greatest OS.

CLOD-HOPPER

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2015
from what I have read CS6 is not supported after OS 10.11. It will run beyond that but think you will need work arounds (which others have mentioned) to get the installer to work. Adobe has no obligation to continue supporting software they made over 10 years ago. If you were running a supported OS for the software I am sure you would have no issue installing. So it really comes to this, you want the newest OS you can run, but then want to run older software. It can't really go both ways on Mac unfortunately, you can't have your cake and eat it to. If you want to run older software simply, then you need to run an old OS that supports the old software. What you could do, and this still takes a bit of work, is switch to Windows. Contact Adobe, have them change your license over to a Windows license, and install there. Windows is much better for users using legacy applications in their latest and greatest OS.
Wonderings, Just to be clear — I do want (very much) to run older software, which, in this case, happens to be Photoshop CS6 Extended. And I want to install it on an old iMac, which is running High Sierra, which supports the installation (or used to, and why should it have changed?) of Photoshop CS6.
Hey, your suggestion about running Windows fills me with horror! I love the Mac system, and would not use any other.
C.H.

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Wonderings, Just to be clear — I do want (very much) to run older software, which, in this case, happens to be Photoshop CS6 Extended. And I want to install it on an old iMac, which is running High Sierra, which supports the installation (or used to, and why should it have changed?) of Photoshop CS6.
Hey, your suggestion about running Windows fills me with horror! I love the Mac system, and would not use any other.
C.H.
I understand wanting to use Mac, I offered a suggestion for an OS that handles old software better. Apple wants you to upgrade, upgrade, upgrade, thus leaving older software prone to obsolesce much much faster then anything on Windows. I have a wide format printer at home (Epson 9900). To run this printer I have an expensive RIP on an old Mac Mini (2012 era I believe). I can never update the OS on the Mac Mini or replace the computer with a newer one without spending THOUSANDS for an upgraded RIP because Apple and EFI (maker of the RIP) have made it impossible. Same RIP in Windows would still be working in Windows 11 no doubt. So my options are never change the computer so I can keep running the software, or spend a lot to get a newer computer and a newer version of the RIP. As I don't sell what I print I am not putting money into software that works fine as is. And like you, you want this to work without spending money, and you will have to realize there will be some things you cannot do with such old software.

An option is you could backup your computer, then do a clean install of OS 10.11 (or whatever the last supported OS is for CS6). Once this is done, install Photoshop CS6 and from there update your OS back to High Sierra as the software will still work, will just not install. Then have a Time Machine backup or a hard drive clone should you ever need to do a reinstall.

CLOD-HOPPER

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2015
The GUI installer might not work, try to execute the unix installer directly instead like this:
Right click the Installer.app > in contextual menu select Show Package Contents > navigate to Contents > MacOS > Install
Then either open a Terminal window, drag and drop the unix executable Install on the open Terminal window and press enter or try just to double-click Install.
Hi, organicCPU. I did as you recommended, using Terminal, and darn it, the installation worked! HOWEVER, this is far from being the end of the story, so if you have any other methods to share, I should be grateful to read of them. Also, I should be grateful for any other readers of this thread to offer their two-pennyworth. What follows may be rather tricky to follow, but I shall be as brief as possible.

When I downloaded the installer from my Adobe Account, it was possible only because my serial number had been saved by Adobe, in that self-same account. Yet, even though the app has been installed, it keeps on asking me to activate the app, which was not possible, as it kept on saying that I was not connected to the Internet (although I was).

Further, when I selected the download, I was careful to select P.S. CS6 EXTENDED, but there is no evidence whatever of the download being the Extended version. But I want to use what I paid for!

The story moves on, as follows. I booted up in a new partition — one in which a virgin installation of High Sierra is installed. I resolved, once more, to try installing CS6 EXTENDED from my purchased installer disc — not the downloaded installer. It did install, but there was the same nonsense about needing to validate, but not being connected to the Internet. I opted for "validating later" (that was an option that was also provided), and Photoshop CS6 Extended opened! However, it keeps on reminding me that if it is not validated within 7 days, it will cease to work.

I have not the faintest idea how to validate, seeing that the alert constantly states that I am not connected to the Internet. If any is able and willing to tell me how to, I should be very grateful.

Finally, let me say why I had a need to re-install CS6 in the first place. It was because, when I wanted to change the blending mode of an image layer (say, from Normal to Soft Light), these blending modes did not work. I thought that a fresh installation would set this right, but it did not. It is very strange that, having successfully got P.S. to install and open in the fresh partition, the blending modes STILL DO NOT WORK! How can this be, if the installation of the OS, and the installation of P.Shop, are fresh from the oven?? Again, I should be very grateful if someone could enlighten me.

I'm sorry to type out such a complicated tale of woe, but I feel it has to be done. Without this forum, I would be sunk!
C.H.

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Hi, organicCPU. I did as you recommended, using Terminal, and darn it, the installation worked! HOWEVER, this is far from being the end of the story, so if you have any other methods to share, I should be grateful to read of them. Also, I should be grateful for any other readers of this thread to offer their two-pennyworth. What follows may be rather tricky to follow, but I shall be as brief as possible.

When I downloaded the installer from my Adobe Account, it was possible only because my serial number had been saved by Adobe, in that self-same account. Yet, even though the app has been installed, it keeps on asking me to activate the app, which was not possible, as it kept on saying that I was not connected to the Internet (although I was).

Further, when I selected the download, I was careful to select P.S. CS6 EXTENDED, but there is no evidence whatever of the download being the Extended version. But I want to use what I paid for!

The story moves on, as follows. I booted up in a new partition — one in which a virgin installation of High Sierra is installed. I resolved, once more, to try installing CS6 EXTENDED from my purchased installer disc — not the downloaded installer. It did install, but there was the same nonsense about needing to validate, but not being connected to the Internet. I opted for "validating later" (that was an option that was also provided), and Photoshop CS6 Extended opened! However, it keeps on reminding me that if it is not validated within 7 days, it will cease to work.

I have not the faintest idea how to validate, seeing that the alert constantly states that I am not connected to the Internet. If any is able and willing to tell me how to, I should be very grateful.

Finally, let me say why I had a need to re-install CS6 in the first place. It was because, when I wanted to change the blending mode of an image layer (say, from Normal to Soft Light), these blending modes did not work. I thought that a fresh installation would set this right, but it did not. It is very strange that, having successfully got P.S. to install and open in the fresh partition, the blending modes STILL DO NOT WORK! How can this be, if the installation of the OS, and the installation of P.Shop, are fresh from the oven?? Again, I should be very grateful if someone could enlighten me.

I'm sorry to type out such a complicated tale of woe, but I feel it has to be done. Without this forum, I would be sunk!
C.H.
Did you go through the off-line activation that I posted a few posts back? This is going to be the only way as the Adobe CS6 servers no longer work for online activation (as far as I am aware).

Solution 2: Process Offline Activation.​

Computers that will never have an Internet connection must use the Offline Activation process to Activate. Store and volume license customers can use these steps. Volume license customers can also use the Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition for assisting with this workflow.
Complete this process for every offline computer that you want to activate. Make sure that you have access to a computer with Internet access to complete the steps below. Complete this process within a 72-hour period. If you cannot complete this process within 72 hours, contact Adobe Support for additional assistance.
  1. Launch the product.
  2. At the Serial Number Validation screen, click Having Trouble Connecting To The Internet.
  3. Click Offline Activation and click Generate a Response Code.
  4. Write down the Request Code.
  5. Switch to an online computer and navigate to www.adobe.com/go/getactivated.
  6. Click Offline Activation.
  7. Sign in with your Adobe ID.
  8. Enter your Request code and click Generate.
  9. Write down the Response code.
  10. Switch back to the offline computer.
  11. Enter the Response Code and click Activate.

Reactions: organicCPU

Herbert123

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
@CLOD-HOPPER Check if you can ping the Adobe license server from your browser:

If you get 'pong' as a response your internet connection is fine and the CS6 license servers can be reached from your machine.

When CS6 apps are installed (if I recall correctly) the softwar ewill try three times to connect to those servers. If that fails, you will get a message about manual validation of your license via a link, I believe. @wonderings previous message details that process.

But in principle CS6 ought to be able to connect to the CS6 license activation servers if the above link works for you.

Adobe's page on resolving connection issues might prove useful:

Reactions: organicCPU

Herbert123

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
As for the blend modes not working: First try resetting your Photoshop preferences.

• Close Photoshop.
  • Hold down Shift-Ctrl-Alt (PC) or Shift-cmd-option (Mac) and click the Photoshop icon (or double click if necessary) to start the application. Keep holding the 3 keys down.
  • You will be asked to confirm that you wish to delete the Settings File: release the 3 keys and click on Yes.

Herbert123

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
Btw, I just tried pinging the CS6 activation servers, and they respond with 'pong'. That means the servers are alive and well.

@wonderings Even the CS5 activation servers are still working.

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Btw, I just tried pinging the CS6 activation servers, and they respond with 'pong'. That means the servers are alive and well.

@wonderings Even the CS5 activation servers are still working.
good to know. It has been a few years since I tested to see how far an old CS6 install went. I did it in a virtual machine at the time out of curiosity. I use Adobe CC, latest and greatest so thankfully these are not an issue for me.

CLOD-HOPPER

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2015
Did you go through the off-line activation that I posted a few posts back? This is going to be the only way as the Adobe CS6 servers no longer work for online activation (as far as I am aware).

Solution 2: Process Offline Activation.​

Computers that will never have an Internet connection must use the Offline Activation process to Activate. Store and volume license customers can use these steps. Volume license customers can also use the Adobe Application Manager Enterprise Edition for assisting with this workflow.
Complete this process for every offline computer that you want to activate. Make sure that you have access to a computer with Internet access to complete the steps below. Complete this process within a 72-hour period. If you cannot complete this process within 72 hours, contact Adobe Support for additional assistance.
  1. Launch the product.
  2. At the Serial Number Validation screen, click Having Trouble Connecting To The Internet.
  3. Click Offline Activation and click Generate a Response Code.
  4. Write down the Request Code.
  5. Switch to an online computer and navigate to www.adobe.com/go/getactivated.
  6. Click Offline Activation.
  7. Sign in with your Adobe ID.
  8. Enter your Request code and click Generate.
  9. Write down the Response code.
  10. Switch back to the offline computer.
  11. Enter the Response Code and click Activate.
Wonderings, you have saved my bacon! The process of offline activation daunted me very much, and I was afraid of trying it for some time, but in the end (yesterday, 24/4/24), I screwed up what courage I have, and attempted it. It was a nail-biting time, because not only was I doing something that I was very nervous about, but also, I could not log into my account until Adobe had verified who was attempting to log in. They said that they would send a code to my phone, but it took many, many attempts before a code actually arrived (about 20 minutes later). Anyway, I was then able to log in and completed the process. Now, Photoshop CS6 is active on my computer, with no nag screens! Believe me, I am very, very grateful for your help. Thanks — a million times!
C.H.

CLOD-HOPPER

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2015
As for the blend modes not working: First try resetting your Photoshop preferences.

• Close Photoshop.
  • Hold down Shift-Ctrl-Alt (PC) or Shift-cmd-option (Mac) and click the Photoshop icon (or double click if necessary) to start the application. Keep holding the 3 keys down.
  • You will be asked to confirm that you wish to delete the Settings File: release the 3 keys and click on Yes.
Herbert123: Thank you for this tip! I shall try your method, and I hope to report on the result tomorrow.
C.H.

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Wonderings, you have saved my bacon! The process of offline activation daunted me very much, and I was afraid of trying it for some time, but in the end (yesterday, 24/4/24), I screwed up what courage I have, and attempted it. It was a nail-biting time, because not only was I doing something that I was very nervous about, but also, I could not log into my account until Adobe had verified who was attempting to log in. They said that they would send a code to my phone, but it took many, many attempts before a code actually arrived (about 20 minutes later). Anyway, I was then able to log in and completed the process. Now, Photoshop CS6 is active on my computer, with no nag screens! Believe me, I am very, very grateful for your help. Thanks — a million times!
C.H.
Glad you go it worked out! As much as people criticize Adobe, I think they have done a good job keeping people working on older systems. They by no means need to support CS6 as far as I know. Happy photoshopping!

CLOD-HOPPER

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2015
Herbert123: Thank you for this tip! I shall try your method, and I hope to report on the result tomorrow.
C.H.
Hello again, Herbert123. I did what you recommended, buit Photoshop behaved just the same. I cannot change a layer blending mode, from Normal to some other mode. This fault appears in both the installations of P.S. Ext., in two separate partitions. Is there any other method that might cure it? For this fault to appear in installations fresh from the oven is very puzzling.
C.H.

Herbert123

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
Could you tell us more about the file that you are working in. It's regular RGB? 8bit? Are you sure you are not working in 32bit or indexed color mode?

When you create a new file: rgb, 8bit, with a background layer, and add a new layer - do you have access to the layer's blend modes?

Last edited:

CLOD-HOPPER

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2015
Could you tell us more about the file that you are working in. It's regular RGB? 8bit? Are you sure you are not working in 32bit or indexed color mode?

When you create a new file: rgb, 8bit, with a background layer, and add a new layer - do you have access to the layer's blend modes?
Herbert123: The trouble occurs with any kind of file (I only work in RBG, so far as I know). The malfunction was spotted when I wanted to sharpen an image. I created a background copy, blinded out the original background, and chose Filter > High Pass, and altered the setting of High Pass appropriately. After the layer became greyed out (as it naturally does), I tried to change the blend mode to Soft Light (which would show the layer in colour (RBG again). However, it stayed grey, and that was when I found out that the blend modes were not working. They don't work with other RBG images, either. One of them was a RBG jpeg file — a photo taken with my own camera. I do have access to all of the blend modes and I can drop down the list of modes, to any mode I want to change to. However, none of them change — I have tried them all, more than once. I hope this information helps.
C.H.

PS: Sorry, I should have mentioned that the images are 8-bit. I'm not working in 32-bit or indexed colour mode.

Last edited:

CLOD-HOPPER

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2015
The following instructions have nothing to do with installation itself. They are the next steps, if the installation has been successfully.

For running Adobe CS6, Adobe wants to be Java (1.6.x) installed. Actually it doesn't need any Java libraries to work, but while launching Adobe CS6 apps, they usually throw some error about missing Java, if two specific Java folders are not present (/System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk, /System/Library/Java/Support/Deploy.bundle).
To get those two empty folders in place, you need to temporarily disable SIP, create the folders and reenable SIP. It can be done in Terminal like this:
Bash:
# Restart the Mac and immediately press Cmd + R while booting to get into Recovery Mode
csrutil disable
# Press Enter and type
reboot
# Press Enter

# After the Mac has been rebooted without SIP, the System folder can be modified in Terminal.app like this:
# Press Enter and type
# Press Enter

# Restart the Mac and again immediately press Cmd + R while booting to get into Recovery Mode
csrutil enable
# Press Enter and type
reboot
# Press Enter
organicCPU. Many things have arisen in the past several days, things that prevented me from doing what you suggested. However, today, I tried to do it, and after pasting the first part into Terminal (sudo mkdir -p /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk), I was surprised to find that Terminal would not allow me to enter my password, which it insisted upon before I could paste in the second part. Can you tell me why this is, and what can be done to allow this? I have never known Terminal to refuse to accept my password before! By the way, SIP is disabled. I always disable it, as it gives one more freedom.
C.H.

Herbert123

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
Herbert123: The trouble occurs with any kind of file (I only work in RBG, so far as I know). The malfunction was spotted when I wanted to sharpen an image. I created a background copy, blinded out the original background, and chose Filter > High Pass, and altered the setting of High Pass appropriately. After the layer became greyed out (as it naturally does), I tried to change the blend mode to Soft Light (which would show the layer in colour (RBG again). However, it stayed grey, and that was when I found out that the blend modes were not working. They don't work with other RBG images, either. One of them was a RBG jpeg file — a photo taken with my own camera. I do have access to all of the blend modes and I can drop down the list of modes, to any mode I want to change to. However, none of them change — I have tried them all, more than once. I hope this information helps.
C.H.

PS: Sorry, I should have mentioned that the images are 8-bit. I'm not working in 32-bit or indexed colour mode.

That sounds like GPU acceleration is the culprit. With CS6 Adobe first introduced graphics hardware acceleration via Mercury and OpenGL.

The issues you describe have come up before with other Photoshop users and in almost all cases GPU acceleration turned out to be the issue.

pic_disp.php

Turn off Use Graphics Processor, quit Photoshop, and restart.

Then test the layers once more, and let us know here about the result.

CLOD-HOPPER

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2015
That sounds like GPU acceleration is the culprit. With CS6 Adobe first introduced graphics hardware acceleration via Mercury and OpenGL.

The issues you describe have come up before with other Photoshop users and in almost all cases GPU acceleration turned out to be the issue.

pic_disp.php

Turn off Use Graphics Processor, quit Photoshop, and restart.

Then test the layers once more, and let us know here about the result.
Herbert123, I did as you suggested with an 8-bit, RBG .tif file, but it changed nothing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you can come up with some other solution!
One thing you ought to know (for what it may be worth) is that this trouble, with my original installation of P.S. Extended (which had performed well for years), started about two months ago, as far as I can remember. Up until then, it was working perfectly. This was the reason for my uninstalling it, thinking that the preferences, or some other thing, might have got corrupted. However, even since re-installing it, it keeps repeating the fault. Now, here is what this is coming to — P.S. Ext. is also installed on a separate partition (not a separate machine), so my logic tells me that something in the hardware, affecting the machine as a whole, may have failed. However, being the simple soul that I am, I know nothing about hardware and am just hoping that reciting all of the facts might alert you to what is causing the failure.
I'm very sorry to disappoint you, by the way. I thought you had it sorted!
C.H.

Herbert123

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
Nope, I got nothing. Stumped now.

Usually (99.9% of cases) it is either a case of working in an image mode that doesn't support certain blend modes, or the GPU is the problem (which is generally resolved by turning off hardware GPU acceleration or turning on legacy compositing engine in newer Photoshop versions).

Or resetting the Photoshop preferences fixes odd behaviour.

Just two last questions: a simple blend mode such as Multiply doesn't do anything at all?

And have you tried ALL options listed in the performance dropdown? Then restart, and try again?

And what changed two months ago? Did you install a new app or utility?

Myself, I switched to PhotoLine for my own work (still have an Adobe CC sub). Not saying you should switch to another app, but are layers working in other image editors? PhotoLine, Krita, Gimp, Affinity,... Check if those work.

Also, could you share a (small) test file that doesn't want to work for you?

Last edited:

CLOD-HOPPER

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2015
Nope, I got nothing. Stumped now.

Usually (99.9% of cases) it is either a case of working in an image mode that doesn't support certain blend modes, or the GPU is the problem (which is generally resolved by turning off hardware GPU acceleration or turning on legacy compositing engine in newer Photoshop versions).

Or resetting the Photoshop preferences fixes odd behaviour.

Just two last questions: a simple blend mode such as Multiply doesn't do anything at all?

And have you tried ALL options listed in the performance dropdown? Then restart, and try again?

And what changed two months ago? Did you install a new app or utility?

Myself, I switched to PhotoLine for my own work (still have an Adobe CC sub). Not saying you should switch to another app, but are layers working in other image editors? PhotoLine, Krita, Gimp, Affinity,... Check if those work.

Also, could you share a (small) test file that doesn't want to work for you?
Herbert, it's deeply disappointing, but nothing works, not even Multiply (I've tried them all, several times, and twice today).
I went to the top of the Photoshop app window, and selected (if I remember rightly) Layer > Blending Modes (the main thing about this is that it was not the "Layers" window, but a general P.S.menu. However, the various blending modes showed, for selecting. Nothing worked there when I changed the mode, either. (Just for interest): I noted that, if I chose "Blend If" (this was after applying High Pass filter to the background copy, so it was all grey), and moved the slider, it did at least alter something, which showed that the layer was not completely unresponsive to all commands.

Yes, I tried all options in the Performance setting for GPU. I set the drawing mode to Basic (I tried the others, too) and unchecked "Use Graphics Processor". After these changes, I always quit P.S., at least (sometimes, I logged out, or even re-started the Mac).

What changed two months or so ago was simply that I noticed that I could no longer change a blend mode. It was as simple as that. If I had to cast around for a cause for this, I might say (but I won't say) that I had dragged off an image from a window in the Internet. Sometimes, I copy photos of crop circles and edit them for my own interest. However, a dodgy image could not affect TWO separate and brand-new installations of Photoshop, on two separate partitions, which is the puzzlement in this case. I completely uninstalled the first, original P.S installation, which was on yet another partition, which was separate and other than the ones that have these two faulty installations.

I don't have any other image editors to check (except Graphic Convertor v 9). I'm not a professional or even a clever image editor — I just do it for interest.

The file that I shall attach is one taken with my own phone camera. I don't think that the trouble can be caused by the images. I repeat that if it has affected two (or even three) separate installations on three separate partitions, surely, it must be something in the hardware that has failed. But I know nothing about hardware. Might it be the graphics card?

I appreciate your taking an interest, very much indeed, friend!
C.H.

Attachments

• Actual curtain rail.jpg
    Actual curtain rail.jpg
    220 KB · Views: 19

CLOD-HOPPER

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 10, 2015

Bash:
csrutil disable
# Press Enter and type
reboot
# Press Enter

# Press Enter and type
# Press Enter

csrutil enable
# Press Enter and type
reboot
# Press Enter
organicCPU: You made no response to my report that, when I attempted to use Terminal, to insert the two java folders, it would not allow me even to type my password, which it demanded. Can you not offer any comment on what happened,and what prevented me from trying what you suggested?
C.H.

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
It's not going to happen that you will be capable of reactivating Photoshop CS6 with the use of the equal serial number, as Adobe has in all likelihood discontinued support for older versions of CS6. Additionally, tampering with the software program to pass by activation necessities can also violate Adobe's terms of service and may doubtlessly lead to prison issues. Your nice choice may also be to think about upgrading to a more recent model of Photoshop or exploring a choice of photograph-modifying software program that better fits your needs.
If you read the thread he did activate Photoshop CS6, it is still possible.

Melbourne Park

macrumors 6502a
Clod Hopper - I'm a bit like you. Rarely used Photoshop. But sometimes I need it. I did the art work for the name of my yacht. The Pros job was horrible. I too have a 2010 Mac Pro.

I lost something and went to re-install. And couldn't find my disk!! I had lots of software discs. Even Quark Express. Various versions of Illustrator. But no actual disk, and the box I have didn't have the numbers on it. I think they were inside a secondary box. I range Adobe and my account didn't register

In the end I went for the rental version.

I reckon my CS6 is available on a backup. But I gave up.

I paid for the alternative to Photoshop too ... but its interface was very different, and i gave up pretty quickly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.