Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is it a good buy in 2020?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Prorege1

macrumors 6502
Jun 21, 2020
Well I had the 1st S1 and used it for three months, I could basically find no use for it and gave it to our daughter years ago.

Last week there was a clearance sale here in Denmark for an Apple Watch S3 Nike+ 42mm (GPS & Cellular) cost USD 244, so I gave it another try. The GPS/cell made it a really useful watch when leaving the iPhone at home, communication sound is good and navigation is very useful. I do however only use the fitness app for reminding me when to go out for a smoke :mad:. If the price is right go for an S3.

Reactions: Jxdawg

KOTN91

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2017
Yes, of course it’s worth buying but you knew that already. There’s no real difference between the series 3 and the 4/5, unless you’re obsessed with the extra fitnesses things like ECGs, which frankly most people couldn’t give a toss about

For everything that is most useful about the Apple Watch, namely messaging notifications, directions, Apple Pay and setting alarms, the S3 is just as good as a newer watch.

A lot of people on here have a vested interest in Apple stock so will tell you you cannot do without the 11 pro max and the latest watch, but in reality the XR and series 3 will serve you just as well for a very, very long time for much less cash. Hashtag diminishing returns, innit

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.