Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

madeirabhoy

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2012
I use Siri as an egg timer. And, occasionally to turn HomeKit lights on and off. It works has long as Siri from my Apple Watch doesn't try to complete the request... it rarely understands anything.

I only now use Siri as a food timer because of my apple watch. because when the time runs out and im still in the kitchen, and the timer goes off i can press the button on my watch. otherwise by the time ive ran into the lounge and shouted, pleaded, begged, threatened Siri to stop with the timer alarm, my food is burned. Google on the other hand, as soon as it sets off a timer alarm, listens for the word 'stop'.

Everything Apple does in terms of intelligence, at the moment is so badly done.

Siri, doesnt understand a lot of basic things, and cant do basic things. I can ask Siri to wake me up with an alarm, i can ask Siri to play a radio station. I cant ask Siri to wake me up with a radio station. I dont need any complicated shortcut workarounds, as i just have a google where i can say 'hey google wake me up every morning with music' and two questions later its all set. and when she's playing loud music i can say 'hey google stop' and she does. whereas when my homepod is playing music, Siri cant hear me for her own tunes...

Google always attempts an answer, whereas Siri often falls behind the 'heres what i found on the internet'.

Siri cant hear me when i want her to, but guarantee when im on the golf course, any discussion of yardage with any one im playing with and she tries to join the conversation.

and autocorrect.....what the..... when i type words that are not only clearly wrong but its clear what im typing, like if i typed typinh it wont correct it. If i type a word that it doesnt know because its a brand or a football team or a name it will change it to something completely different. I am guessing that the rumours of Siri being plagued with really old code includes code from the days when your number pad had 3 letters on each number and the phone had to guess the word.

Reactions: adrianlondon
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.