Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

holgolas

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2019
Mine is also slightly darker on the left side.
Nearly unseeable - only when scrolling and peaking it.

The Second 11inch is exactly the same - at exactly the same spots slightly darker.
iPad n the store ... the same.
I think the Chance of getting a perfect one are very small.

Mine are build week 4 and 12.
Think this is as good as it gets for today...

By the way... are you guys using True Tone?

Mike Boreham

macrumors 68040
Aug 10, 2006
UK
It doesn’t matter about the photos. My screen looks great in real life. I’ve owned 3 of these 11” iPads, played with a 4th one for a week “testing 4GB vs. 6GB RAM”, and handled numerous other ones too. I’ve had one that was slightly darker in the corners, and I’ve seen a few like that btw.

On my current model, the corners all look perfectly even on a white page.

I’m picky, small stuff bothers me, and I’ve had my current 1TB model going on nearly 2 months now. And I’ll keep it another 2 months from now.

I feel like I’ve got a good one.

No touch issues, no bends, no dark areas,

With all the issues that could be happening, I think I’m gonna sit tight with this one lol.

Agreed.....that was my point really, photos can be very misleading, both ways. The only way to judge is actual usage. It is very easy to get oversensitive to small differences, which would not be noticed in normal use.

Seanm87

macrumors 68020
Oct 10, 2014
So, took it into Apple and the guy there agreed that the left side appeared darker than the rest.

He questioned my case though and said that the magnets could have caused the issue.

The case was a £16 smart folio knockoff on Amazon. It has many good reviews.

This is the first I’ve had of magnets affecting the iPad, especially as the device is chock full of them.

So how is the new one?

T993

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2019
Picking it up today.

How did this work out? I'm taking mine in today. We have two iPad Pro 12.9" in my house, one purchased March 2019 and the other in April just a couple weeks ago. The one from March looks perfectly uniform but mine looks even worse than yours. Dark shadows along all the edges — I couldn't tell if I was just imagining things at first, but your post definitely helped. I'm wondering if your new one has the same issues or if it's fine.

I don't remember mine looking like this when I first got it. It seems like it happened over time, but I'm using the Apple keyboard folio, and I'd like to believe their own keyboard doesn't causes problems with the screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.