Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

potato_slim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2021
Hi all, I am new here and hope this is the right place.

So the iTunes/Music app has been working very wonky in the past and I think a lot of people have had very weird problems with it in the past. This is the last straw for me because I have tried a lot of things to figure out why this is happening but I am out of ideas and this is extremely frustrating.

Basically, since last week, whenever I add any songs to my music library which are longer than 3:12 and I play them back, the song skips to the end of it at this exact point - 3:12. When I try to create an AAC version it's always shortened to 3:12 as well.

When I transfer them to my iPhone, the songs play fine making this even more insane.

Another thing is when I open the song in QuickTime first and export it it seems to solve the issue but that a very laborious task...

Music version: 1.0.6.10
hardware: Macbook Pro 16-inch 2019

has anyone had this problem or can point me to a direction where I would be able to fix it?

Thanks in advance guys...

Brian33

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2008
USA (Virginia)
This sounds a lot like a problem I had a long time ago.

I could fix one song at a time as follows: within iTunes, right-click a song and pick "Show in Finder". Then re-import THAT SAME SINGLE FILE into iTunes. I think I just dragged the shown file from finder and dropped onto the iTunes Library pane.

If that works, you might want to read this old thread. It's from 2014, but I notice someone posted just a year ago having the same problem, along with a suggestion that might work during the original import.

EDIT: I'm still on Mojave and have no experience with the new Music app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.