Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cvlr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2024
So I've been taking a couple of photos of my kids with my new 15 plus. I thought enabling JPEG MAX control in the camera would give me higher res photos but it turns out the phone takes just a tad bit longer to process them and if the kids are moving even slightly it ends up being slightly blurry. 24MP is slightly better but similar issues while the 12MP mode is quick like the old times. Is this how its supposed to be or am I taking photos wrong?

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
"Blury" as in the kids are moving too fast and the shutter is slow and it is not stopping the action?

Image resolution setting should not change the shutter speed. More light will get you a higher shutter speed.

cvlr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2024
"Blury" as in the kids are moving too fast and the shutter is slow and it is not stopping the action?
Yeah exactly that! If there is any sort of motion - for example if the hand is moving - then the hand appears blurry in the photos.

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
Without seeing an image it sounds like you are getting slower shutter speeds due to less light! Indoors will cause this. <osre light equals higher shutter speed. It has nothing to do with the JPEG MAX setting, just not enough light to get higher shutter speeds to freeze the action.

cvlr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2024
Without seeing an image it sounds like you are getting slower shutter speeds due to less light! Indoors will cause this. <osre light equals higher shutter speed. It has nothing to do with the JPEH MAX setting, just not enough light to get higher shutter speeds to freeze the action.
Hmm that could be it - is there a way to prioritize shutter speeds?

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
Easiest way to increase shutter speed is to add more light.

The camera has a tiny lens with tiny sensor . . .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.