Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swealpha

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2017
Hello!

I have a disease (multiple sclerosis) so it hurts alot to type on the built-in keyboard. I use a special USB keyboard to type on. I put the USB keyboard on top of the built-in Macbook air 15" M3 keyboard.

I use a software called Karabiner-Elements and in it it has a function that should "Disable built-in keyboard when USB keyboard is connected" but it stops working after a while. It goes on and even due i have choosen to have the built-in keyboard disabled it starts working!

Do you guys know what the reason could be?
I have a external USB-hub I use to turn off the keyboard with sometimes. Maybe that is the reason?

I have tested 3 different versions of Karabiner-Elements and it is same on all of them.
Tested:

In the log I see this:
[2024-04-24 14:59:38.958] [info] [grabber] virtual_hid_device_service_client_ connect_failed: Connection refused
[2024-04-24 14:59:39.960] [info] [grabber] virtual_hid_device_service_client_ connect_failed: Connection refused
[2024-04-24 14:59:40.961] [info] [grabber] virtual_hid_device_service_client_ connect_failed: Connection refused

Issue reported on Github
https://github.com/pqrs-org/Karabiner-Elements/issues/3784

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.