Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bazooka-joe

macrumors 603
Mar 12, 2012
Swindon, England
I had the 11 pro max and bought the 12 pro max but I returned it because I felt it was just a bit too big. I now have the 12 pro and I love the size of it. Yes the screen is a little smaller but to be honest I haven’t found it an issue. I’m very happy with my pro and how easy is to carry around

guitargeek84

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2020
Alaska
I got the 12PM (I call it the “High Noon” iPhone after having had an iPhone 12 for two weeks. I really loved the size of the 6.1” iPhone... at first. Once the wow factor wore off, I realized that I was squinting to see certain content on my screen, and I was very unhappy with the photography that was coming out of the 12.

Having had the High Noon for a week now, I couldn’t be happier. The size feels good in my hand, the battery life is amazing, and the photos are STELLAR.

This photo was outside my house here in North Pole, AK. The Northern Lights were popping nicely!

Attachments

• A2D4E9FF-5F75-4E59-AC84-9136BC513CF1.jpeg
    A2D4E9FF-5F75-4E59-AC84-9136BC513CF1.jpeg
    462.8 KB · Views: 118

SOG1969

Suspended
Jul 7, 2020
So I bought the 12 pro max, I’ve had it for 1 week. I’m seriously considering returning it for the 12 pro. Am I crazy?
I upgraded from the 7plus. Based on dimensions, holding the phones side by side, I don’t think the 12 pro max is THAT much bigger but it feels enormous to me. I know it’s in my head, but my arms feel kinda strained holding it. My husband keeps saying I’ll get used to it, but I question that since I haven’t yet. Help!

Ditched mine. Way too bloody big with a case on and uncomfortable to hold in one hand for long periods of time.

svish

macrumors G4
Nov 25, 2017
12 Pro Max is almost the same size as 7 plus. 12 Pro Max is just 2.6mm taller. It is 40grams heavier than 7 plus. I would keep the 12 Pro Max.

Reactions: Wide opeN

jeromenism

macrumors member
May 25, 2011
Went from a 12 Pro to a Pro Max and back to a Pro

I first purchased a 12 pro and was very satisfied with it. However, I’ve never used a max sized phone before and was really curious about it, especially when people spoke about the battery life.

I couldn’t help but return my pro for the pro max. The battery life is indeed insane. I charged it to 100% on Tuesday at 330pm and on Wednesday at 11am, I still had 50%. However, the weight and size of the phone was too uncomfortable for me. I hated not being able to use my phone with one hand comfortably and constantly having to use two hands.

I’m a male with decent sized hands. From the tip of my pinky to my wrist, it’s about 6 inches.

I made the call to switch back to the pro today. Will be keeping the pro now.

I would advice anyone with this dilemma to really try it out in person and see how it goes. Using a pop socket would definitely help but I hate the sight of those stuff.

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
So I bought the 12 pro max, I’ve had it for 1 week. I’m seriously considering returning it for the 12 pro. Am I crazy?
I upgraded from the 7plus. Based on dimensions, holding the phones side by side, I don’t think the 12 pro max is THAT much bigger but it feels enormous to me. I know it’s in my head, but my arms feel kinda strained holding it. My husband keeps saying I’ll get used to it, but I question that since I haven’t yet. Help!
You’re going to miss the better screen and battery. Trust me I had both.

Reactions: moldy lunchbox

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
Went from a 12 Pro to a Pro Max and back to a Pro

I first purchased a 12 pro and was very satisfied with it. However, I’ve never used a max sized phone before and was really curious about it, especially when people spoke about the battery life.

I couldn’t help but return my pro for the pro max. The battery life is indeed insane. I charged it to 100% on Tuesday at 330pm and on Wednesday at 11am, I still had 50%. However, the weight and size of the phone was too uncomfortable for me. I hated not being able to use my phone with one hand comfortably and constantly having to use two hands.

I’m a male with decent sized hands. From the tip of my pinky to my wrist, it’s about 6 inches.

I made the call to switch back to the pro today. Will be keeping the pro now.

I would advice anyone with this dilemma to really try it out in person and see how it goes. Using a pop socket would definitely help but I hate the sight of those stuff.
Yeah I went from Pro to Pro max then Pro

Last edited:

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I got the 12PM (I call it the “High Noon” iPhone after having had an iPhone 12 for two weeks. I really loved the size of the 6.1” iPhone... at first. Once the wow factor wore off, I realized that I was squinting to see certain content on my screen, and I was very unhappy with the photography that was coming out of the 12.

Having had the High Noon for a week now, I couldn’t be happier. The size feels good in my hand, the battery life is amazing, and the photos are STELLAR.

This photo was outside my house here in North Pole, AK. The Northern Lights were popping nicely!
Yeah similar situation. Love the Pm!!

keti2377

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2020
I had a 11 pro max then went to the 12 pro, and thought the battery was horrible (I’m a heavy user) and the screen was too small for me. Went with the 12 PM and so glad that I did. I quite like the bigger screen and the design.

If you think it’s too big, just go with the 12 pro or keep your 7 plus.

Reactions: Wide opeN

kp98077

macrumors 601
Oct 26, 2010
I had a 11 pro max then went to the 12 pro, and thought the battery was horrible (I’m a heavy user) and the screen was too small for me. Went with the 12 PM and so glad that I did. I quite like the bigger screen and the design.

If you think it’s too big, just go with the 12 pro or keep your 7 plus.
Keeping 12 pm?

PanAm-L1011

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Republic of California
I’m trying to like the size and stick with it, but it’s driving me nuts. I feel like I’m using a brick.. which makes zero sense because I’ve had the plus/Max phones previously. At the same time, I’ve gone to the store and played with the pro.. I don’t necessarily love that phone either. Maybe I should just go back to my old phone.

Keep in mind you’ll get used to it. When I first opened the 6 Plus I thought Apple was INSANE. That was on launch day (Friday). I intended to trade it in for the 6 on Monday. By the time Monday came, I was so used to the bigger size and loved it that I kept the Plus.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.