Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ShootingStarPho

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 19, 2011
53B03AF4-BA80-47F9-9D1F-F6BD47AD9443.jpeg

(Like the one above, but for the 2021 MacBook Pros! Missing!)

UpperCase 16” (2019-2020)

Moshi 16” (2019-2020)

Moshi, UpperCase, or other companies seem to not have any updates on this front!

If you see anything become available, please post them here!
I always cover my keyboard with the silicone covers when using MacBook Pros; I know I’m not the only one.

Are there any 14” and 16” MacBook Pro keyboard covers I simply cannot find?

Please post anything you find!

Thank you!

EDIT:

Uppercase has made and updated their Keyboard Cover for the 2021 16” and 14”. I’ll be getting this one since this is one I’ve liked for years. The other brands seems good too, but I do like the fact it has full protection and cuts a hole out for the fingerprint reader and covers the rest of the key.

https://gouppercase.com/products/premium-keyboard-protector

36A36160-D5E2-4BDD-B91D-A484AB7E1289.jpeg

Last edited:

Chucky

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2003
Toronto
I’ve also looked (coming mid Nov), and it is pretty strange that there’s no keyboard cover for new M1pro/max MBPs.

So far a temporary fix is to purchase a 2021 iMac keyboard cover with Touch ID.

It is not perfect fit as the iMac keyboard features a more rounded corner for ESC, FN, Touch ID.

And Back and Forward keys are larger (but should fit right over the smaller 14/16 inch keyboard).

This way you wont get finger oil on your new keyboard day 1 and wait till a proper version gets released.

(Note: based only on looking at images of 2 different keyboards as I don’t have the unit yet)

matthewadams

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
Ordered one from Amazon for EU layout, got dispatched this morning straight out of china:

Might take a while until they actually have em on site in warehouses around the world. But this thing can't come soon enough.

Reactions: monomaniacalist

thetechguy98

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2021
The Netherlands
Ordered one from Amazon for EU layout, got dispatched this morning straight out of china:

Might take a while until they actually have em on site in warehouses around the world. But this thing can't come soon enough.
That’s good, but they do not deliver to all countries in the world, or at least they don’t deliver to the Netherlands. What is your country of delivery?

MisterRyan07

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2013
View attachment 1878125
(Like the one above, but for the 2021 MacBook Pros! Missing!)

UpperCase 16” (2019-2020)

Moshi 16” (2019-2020)

Moshi, UpperCase, or other companies seem to not have any updates on this front!

If you see anything become available, please post them here!
I always cover my keyboard with the silicone covers when using MacBook Pros; I know I’m not the only one.

Are there any 14” and 16” MacBook Pro keyboard covers I simply cannot find?

Please post anything you find!

Thank you!

If you’re from America, I found this one shipping from China. Won’t arrive between November 22 - December 10, but it’s better than waiting 6 months when the first TouchBar MBP came out!

Chucky

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2003
Toronto
Just checked and purchased this morning on .ca. For Model A2442 / Model A2485 (Dongke). Make sure that it's not shipping out of China for faster delivery.

Last edited:

synergize

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2010
Great thread. Has anyone found a matte (see through) skin for the top part of the MacBook Pro? Since Best Skins Ever went out of business I cannot find one, spent most of yesterday looking to no avail. If you know of one could you post back here, thanks a bunch?

Reactions: thetechguy98

deucejunkie

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2021
In an Erlenmeyer flask.
If you’re from America, I found this one shipping from China. Won’t arrive between November 22 - December 10, but it’s better than waiting 6 months when the first TouchBar MBP came out!

Thanks for this! I ordered one today, good timing as they have a $3 discount going on.

In the meantime, I've taken the 2-year old Moshi Clearguard off of my old MBP so I can use it on my new 14-in baby lol

Attachments

• tempImagemH9ly4.png
    tempImagemH9ly4.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 553

hajime

macrumors 604
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, depending on the generation, sometimes I bought keyboard cover for the MacBook Pro but not for the 2019 model. For the M1 MacBook Pro 16" 2021, is there any issue with the keyboard that it is better to get a cover?

TinyMito

macrumors 6502a
Nov 1, 2021
Yes, but they will also improve the accidental spillage experience. It's a tradeoff I was willing to make with my past 2 macbooks.

True, I thought it was more for dust protection and cookie crumbs. I need to stop eating on my laptop with greasy fingers.

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
I've owned dozens of MacBook Pro's over the years and loved using these covers (as well as Radtech's ScreenSavrz) until the keyboard cover damaged my display. Two of my machines suffered pressure marks in the display that required a replacement screen. Just wanted to warn those who use these as your experience may vary.

ISKOTB

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2011
Florida
I've owned dozens of MacBook Pro's over the years and loved using these covers (as well as Radtech's ScreenSavrz) until the keyboard cover damaged my display. Two of my machines suffered pressure marks in the display that required a replacement screen. Just wanted to warn those who use these as your experience may vary.
Yes, a keyboard cover can damage the display. Even Apple says so.

matthewadams

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012

well this was a massive disappointment... returned right away. hope the replacement will be ok.

IMG_0089.jpeg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.