Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jclmavg

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2014
That’s great. Please keep us updated with the order status and some photos when you will receive it. Where are you from?
Netherlands, but I think these things get shipped from China. Not from an Amazon warehouse for sure, so might take a while before it gets here.

Reactions: thetechguy98

thetechguy98

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2021
The Netherlands
Netherlands, but I think these things get shipped from China. Not from an Amazon warehouse for sure, so might take a while before it gets here.
Hopefully it will not take that long to get delivered. I’m really interested to see what’s the process, as I’m also from the Netherlands.

Stevek3670

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
I have this exact one and it works great and shows illumination at night too. Fit is good and does not touch the screen when closed.

IMG_5131.jpeg

Reactions: 1DaHammer

matthewadams

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
I have this exact one and it works great and shows illumination at night too. Fit is good and does not touch the screen when closed.

View attachment 1909909

I got the same one from ANOIYA, looking at yours and the cut, I think they're all from the same vendor.

Typing experience is kinda okay on these, definitely had better experiences with covers. Plus the edges could extent a little further. Overall the quality is kinda meh (given I had to return my first order because the edges were stretched).

My prior 2018" cover was by MOSISO and it felt much much better, waiting for them to release one now. For now this will do though :)

thetechguy98

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2021
The Netherlands
I got the same one from ANOIYA, looking at yours and the cut, I think they're all from the same vendor.

Typing experience is kinda okay on these, definitely had better experiences with covers. Plus the edges could extent a little further. Overall the quality is kinda meh (given I had to return my first order because the edges were stretched).

My prior 2018" cover was by MOSISO and it felt much much better, waiting for them to release one now. For now this will do though :)
MOSISO is great, indeed. Waiting for them to release it.

Reactions: matthewadams

rodrigezlopez

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2021
Guys, just interesting what is the point of using these ugly keyboard covers on laptops? Is it echoes of butterfly keyboard issues? Asking because I haven't had any problems with M1 Air's scissors keyboard even though I often eat at it (butterfly of the 2016 MPB was the hell though). Do not believe that typing experience does not suffer because of them.

Last edited:

speedyraf

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2007
For me, keyboard covers keep unwanted items out of that area and it stays much cleaner. I'll find a new one when I decide to buy an M1 MacBook Air.

Reactions: 88Keys

matthewadams

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2012
For me it was a drink-spill accident a friend caused on top of my white macbook way over a decade ago. No butterfly or scissor mechanism would save me from that sadly ?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: rodrigezlopez

DMG35

Contributor
May 27, 2021
I've tried these multiple times and while I like the concept of them they simply make typing a miserable, error filled experience for me. I'd rather chance a possible accident over making my laptop horrible to type on.

ascender

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2005
I want one so I can have my laptop on a table when I'm on the turbo trainer and it will protect it from sweaty drips and fingers!

jclmavg

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2014
Just received this one in the mail, this is not the first one I ordered which is from a different brand, but this one got here first.

Came in nice packaging, fit is pretty decent I would say though with these things I am still hesitant to close the cover for fear of damaging the display. Doesn't slip while typing, and although it impacts typing experience slightly I am already getting used to it so I'll probably keep this on for now.

1637957898505.png

synergize

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2010

Attachments

• IMG_9681.JPG
    IMG_9681.JPG
    490.4 KB · Views: 121

jace88

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
Sydney, Australia
I ordered a Techprotectus hard shell case which came with a keyboard cover... but wasn't planning on using as I thought Apple strongly advised against this?

tbone7467

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2007
I ordered a Techprotectus hard shell case
Jace88 how do you like the Techprotectus? I liked my old incase cover on my 2011 MacBook Pro but looks like they haven't updated their product line in years based on website. I just want a cover that won't scratch the machine.

rodrigezlopez

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2021
For me, keyboard covers keep unwanted items out of that area and it stays much cleaner. I'll find a new one when I decide to buy an M1 MacBook Air.
Yeah, but what is the difference between typing on or dirty keyboard or dirty cover? You can always wipe dirty keyboard in a one minute (or use vacuum cleaner if you get used to eat sandwiches above the keyboard). While using covers, you're not only loosing great tactile feedback of macbook keyboards, but also getting risk of damaging the display by cover. It reminds me screen protectors that turn macbook's screen with best in class antiglare coating to mirror displays like of some cheap chinese laptops or those plastic cases that people put on their sleek aluminium machines to turn them into bulky pieces of plastic. Isn't it better to just buy some cheap lenovo or so to get the same or even better experience out of the box?

Last edited:
Reactions: tdbrown75

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Yeah, but what is the difference between typing on or dirty keyboard or dirty cover? You can always wipe dirty keyboard in a one minute (or use vacuum cleaner if you get used to eat sandwiches above the keyboard). While using covers, you're not only loosing great tactile feedback of macbook keyboards, but also getting risk of damaging the display by cover. It reminds me screen protectors that turn macbook's screen with best in class antiglare coating to mirror displays like of some cheap chinese laptops or those plastic cases that people put on their sleek aluminium machines to turn them into bulky pieces of plastic. Isn't it better to just buy some cheap lenovo or so to get the same or even better experience out of the box?

There is no risk of damaging the display unless someone uses a hard keyboard cover like those made of bamboo.

For people that type a lot, the keys can quickly wear out. That’s why you see that shine on keyboards. It’s not because of oil, it’s because a layer of the ABS plastic key cap has literally been sanded away.

rodrigezlopez

macrumors newbie
Nov 20, 2021
There is no risk of damaging the display unless someone uses a hard keyboard cover like those made of bamboo.

For people that type a lot, the keys can quickly wear out. That’s why you see that shine on keyboards. It’s not because of oil, it’s because a layer of the ABS plastic key cap has literally been sanded away.
Yes, this is the perfect reason to pay $2K+ for laptop to touch it through a peace of rubber. Hope the next buyer will appreciate your matte keyboard ?

Last edited:

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Yes, this is the perfect reason to pay $2K+ for laptop to touch it through a peace of rubber. Hope the next buyer will appreciate your matte keyboard ?

I couldn't care less about resale value. For me, rubber key caps are preferable, especially since key travel on MacBooks is far from ideal compared to ThinkPads.

jace88

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Jace88 how do you like the Techprotectus? I liked my old incase cover on my 2011 MacBook Pro but looks like they haven't updated their product line in years based on website. I just want a cover that won't scratch the machine.
Sorry for slow reply as I don’t come to forums much. I am happy with it still and find it does the job well, no obvious issues in either build quality or usability. Would recommend it.

Reactions: tbone7467
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.