Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PepperPad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
Hello,

In one of my videos, there's a lag between the audio and the video.

What simple (or other) software can I use to correct this?

Thanks in advance

PepperPad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
Thanks for the help, but it only seems to work for MKVs.
My video is in MP4

R S K

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2022
Hannover, Germany
What simple (or other) software
No idea how anyone can recommend any "simple or other" software when you don't even say which you're currently using… 😒

Nonsense. Aside from that being container specific without even knowing WHICH he's using, it will simply be due to a discrepancy in sample rates. 44.1 kHz vs. 48 kHz or the other way around. Simple CONVERT the one or other to whatever sample rate your project is using and you're golden. It has zero to do with what container format it is in. Never mind that MKV is garbage either way.

• Haha
Reactions: bogdanw

PepperPad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
No idea how anyone can recommend any "simple or other" software when you don't even say which you're currently using… 😒

Nonsense. Aside from that being container specific without even knowing WHICH he's using, it will simply be due to a discrepancy in sample rates. 44.1 kHz vs. 48 kHz or the other way around. Simple CONVERT the one or other to whatever sample rate your project is using and you're golden. It has zero to do with what container format it is in. Never mind that MKV is garbage either way.
I don't have any software to solve my problem....That's why I'm asking...

R S K

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2022
Hannover, Germany
I don't have any software to solve my problem....That's why I'm asking...
Right. So you're watching the video without any software. Cool.

And where is the clip from? Did YOU make it? Was it given to you?

Simply if you simply "adjust the ms value" you'll only introduce artifacts and distortions. If you're okay with that, go for it.

• Haha
Reactions: bogdanw

PepperPad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
Right. So you're watching the video without any software. Cool.

And where is the clip from? Did YOU make it? Was it given to you?

Simply if you simply "adjust the ms value" you'll only introduce artifacts and distortions. If you're okay with that, go for it.
These are videos I watch with Infuse on Apple TV 4K from Synology NAS

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
Thanks for the information, but with Wondershare Uniconverter and its various tools, it seems much simpler...
It’s your choice to pay $99.99 for something you can do for free with Avidemux, but don’t lie about the app. Wondershare Uniconverter can not sync audio with video without re-encoding. Avidemux can do that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.