Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
Yes, I strongly feel they will release a larger iPhone X next year. There's speculation that it will be 6.2" . My thoughts as to why it didn't happen this year was due to supply constraints.
we would of seen both parts for the larger phone then which we didn't. I dont think it was going to be released this year. Its smarter for apple to release it a year after if you think about it.
The plus users will want to upgrade in one year to the bigger phone instead of waiting a typical 2 years to upgrade for the average user.
Bastards

Reactions: Woodcrest64

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
Not sure if your posted these because you think the ppi numbers contradict what I said about the screen sizes?

It's the physical size (inches) of the screen which matters not the pixels. Objects or people in a movie or photo in landscape mode will appear smaller on the X because physically the screen is narrower on the X.

Divide the pixel dimension by the ppi to get the inches.

The greater ppi number means the X image will be theoretically sharper, but the difference will not be noticeable.

Not at all . . . just an "FYI" for all.

Vagrin

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2017
Alaska
Yes, I strongly feel they will release a larger iPhone X next year. There's speculation that it will be 6.2" . My thoughts as to why it didn't happen this year was due to supply constraints.
At 6.2” wouldn’t that mean the iPhone has gone from a pocket phone to a purse phone?

Reactions: Woodcrest64

rijc99

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2015
At 6.2” wouldn’t that mean the iPhone has gone from a pocket phone to a purse phone?

No. Go hold a Note 8. It’s screen is 6.3 inch but yet still narrower than the plus sized iPhones. Taller though.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
i hope they release X plus next year. i will be happy to get it!

I think it's very likely. A 6.4 inch display seems the most rumored size. To me, I find that shockingly interesting how I never wanted a large phone in the past, and now I find myself wanting the largest size available. I see the advantages with the larger display and battery life.

Reactions: MuGeN PoWeR

RaveHole

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2010
Has anyone seen a proper mock-up image of the 6.4 inch X+? The proportions should be slightly different compared to the normal X since the notch should be the same size but the ears should scale and get wider.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.