Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Varking

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
Forgive me but the OP is long and I am new to Macs. My iMac 2019 is not running Boot Camp and I would rather avoid it if possible, are your tests being done while in MacOS or done in Windows via Boot Camp or Parallels?

EDIT: I got a break at work and read the whole thing. This is pretty good news! Thanks for the post, man!

Reactions: Mojo1019

Mojo1019

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
Forgive me but the OP is long and I am new to Macs. My iMac 2019 is not running Boot Camp and I would rather avoid it if possible, are your tests being done while in MacOS or done in Windows via Boot Camp or Parallels?

EDIT: I got a break at work and read the whole thing. This is pretty good news! Thanks for the post, man!

You are welcome! If you have some more question let me know.

Varking

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
You are welcome! If you have some more question let me know.
Just going back and forth on how much gaming I can do without switching over to bootcamp. I tried to bootcamp last night but everything in Windows was running extremely sluggishly. I got rid of it last night but maybe I will give it another go tonight.

Mojo1019

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2013
Just going back and forth on how much gaming I can do without switching over to bootcamp. I tried to bootcamp last night but everything in Windows was running extremely sluggishly. I got rid of it last night but maybe I will give it another go tonight.

The worst thing in BootCamp is the poor integration of the trackpad, if you are on windows always use a mouse!

Varking

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
I think maybe my boot camp didn't let the special drivers install or something. It was really sluggish. I will take a look later. I am mostly into RPGs and MOBAs anyway and they aren't typically terrible to run on lower machines but I do have a 2019 iMac 21.5 4k Retina with 16 GB of ram and my card has 2GB on it. I would hope to run most newer games pretty decently. I have some PS4 and XBO controllers I can try to link up to it. If not, I have read about Razer Core X and adding an EGPU but I would have to look up which ones make an actual difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.