Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Also - if they have a chance to show the family shot of new iPhones, I’d think they would take the opportunity to use the new gold colour for the Xs.

Reactions: nordique

Sackofnickels

Suspended
Jul 13, 2018
I wonder why someone would take the time to recreate an Apple web page, render the new phones, create colors, and then take a partial screen shot of the page just to create a stir? Is the site that released this hurting that bad?

Either an elaborate set up, or an Apple employee taking a huge risk to show an internal Apple web page under construction. Hmmm.

benc2018

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2018
The iPhone 8 doesn't have the antenna lines in the back, because it is glass. The iPhone on the left has the antenna lines.
I repeat, if the image is real, that is my thinking.
I think the iPhone 7 in the corner may be the updated replacement of iPhone SE that was discovered in Xcode recently. Seems to be the new gold colour from iPhone 8 and the iPad. Judging from the current site it doesn't seem to display the entire lineup of iPhone's so the 8 will most likely stay as an option between the potential SE and the 9

BMcCoy

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2010
Not seen that slashleaks site before..

They've just put another iPhone leak, confirming the Xs name, and a 64GB storage variant.

iphone-xs-64gb.jpg

profets

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009
Not seen that slashleaks site before..

They've just put another iPhone leak, confirming the Xs name, and a 64GB storage variant.

View attachment 780386

Like has been mentioned before - not sure how much I’d trust slashleaks, but at the same time it seems like a lot of work to recreate the website for that photo and a package label like this, just days in advance. Or maybe not if it starts driving some traffic for them?

Delolia

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2016
Belgium
Black/gold/white are Boring, I want Colors for the XS too.... spicy orange Xs Max , i can Pay more for that

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Like has been mentioned before - not sure how much I’d trust slashleaks, but at the same time it seems like a lot of work to recreate the website for that photo and a package label like this, just days in advance. Or maybe not if it starts driving some traffic for them?

This happens every single year. These types of bogus leaks/rumors are always days right before the Keynote. This happened with the iPhone 7 as well. You just have those you who are trying to seek as much attention as they can using ‘heavy edits/ re-creations, ect’, which creates controversy and tries to pull the media in different directions. Its not uncommon.

Reactions: nordique

nordique

macrumors 68000
Oct 12, 2014

Yeah, slashleaks isn’t always right

They have got many thing wrong from last year

However they do also get a bunch right, a lot of their android leaks end up being correct and they also leaked the “iPhone 8” name last year when everyone still referred to it as the “iPhone 7S”

But, they have also got a bunch of stuff wrong

Menel

Suspended
Aug 4, 2011
He makes a good point. This is why I’m gonna go for “fake” as I can’t see why they’d keep the 7 and ditch the 8.

Cost. 7’s one peice aluminum design with O glass panel and no wireless charging is bargin bin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.