Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

airlights

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 18, 2008
Henderson, NV
I hope this answers a few of the questions raised here. This is my first post here. A friend of mine directed me to this thread and I thought I would add to it.

Whoa, you joined Mac Forums just for this thread. Well, I have to say, you were really helpful in solidifying my choice! Thank you so very much.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
I have been looking for a great quality Point-and-Shoot camera, and I have recently came to the conclusion that I would definitely love to buy a Leica. Now I am stuck on which one, the C-Lux 2 or the D-Lux 3. I tried writing out a pros and cons list of both, but I have come out empty. I looked at various reviews, photo samples etc to no avail. I am actually feeling a bit like a failure right now; I usually come to my decisions much much quicker. Anyway, now I am here for a little help. If you own one or the other, please please please tell me what you like or dislike about it. I am sure you guys will be of help. Hey, by browsing the forum convinced me to wait a bit longer to buy a Macbook, just in case.

Cheers!

(Oh!--please, do not suggest the Panasonic versions. I don't think this would matter though, but a disclaimer never hurt anyone. Okay, maybe the lack of one.)

A simple fix would be to get the Olympus e-410 and the 25mm 2.8 pancake lens. 10mp and overall better performance despite the 4/3 sensor. Ultimately with Leica your paying for the brand name, but if that's what you want to do then go for it!

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
I think the D-Lux 3 is about as sweet looking a p+s camera as you could find... and build quality along with image quality will surely be unsurpassed. The focal range would never cut it for me, but that's just me. I have a Panasonic Lumix FZ 50, 10mp 12x zoom that I absolutely could not live without. The Leica glass renders beautiful images. I also have a Panasonic Lumix L1 kit fashioned after the Leica Digilux 3 and it is the other camera I can not live without. If there is a difference between the Panasonic and Leica versions, I can't discern it. Taking photos waist deep in the ocean and leaving the gear on a sandy towel in the sun at times... I find it hard to believe there is a difference in build or image quality. Nothing could be better. But I do not own a true Leica; just a couple cameras that work like Leicas.:p:D:cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.