Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lepremier

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2006
D-Lux 2 LCD Screen

One thing that bothers me about the DL2 is that it does not have a viewfinder, only an LCD screen. I have looked at this on other models in the past and have found that in some lighting conditions the screen is unviewable.
Could somebody who has one please comment on the "viewability" of the LCD in bright outdoor light...thanks

radiantm3

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2005
San Jose, CA
I almost picked up a d-lux 2 the other day. After reading multiple reviews regarding the noise and seeing sample images, I was a bit skeptical. What really kept me from buying it was the fact that it costs the same as the Canon Rebel XT with the kit lens. I ended up picking that up instead. If I ever want a smaller point and shoot, I might buy a leica, but I'm really happy with the DSLR right now.

D LUX 2

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2006
Chip NoVaMac said:
Can you explain this further? Not sure what you mean about this.

under the window drop down menu there are the following choices:

10cw2u1.jpg

on a couple of occasions , i couldnt get back out of the lights out mode.

its a minor issue, which i havent seen repeat itself

lepremier said:
One thing that bothers me about the DL2 is that it does not have a viewfinder, only an LCD screen. I have looked at this on other models in the past and have found that in some lighting conditions the screen is unviewable.
Could somebody who has one please comment on the "viewability" of the LCD in bright outdoor light...thanks

i simply rely on my eye, when the vewing conditions are less than optimal.

skskinner

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2007
I own one Leica, the delux 2

In the camera club I belong to almost everyone has one or more Leica Cameras. This club has been active for over 50 years and many of the old timers love their Liecas. I admit it, I knew the Panasonic was the same thing but cheaper, but I wanted the Lieca for its name, and for considering someday buying a better Lieca. Once the initial purchase price is paid, the joy of owning and taking pictures with this camera go on and on. Some in the club have them too, and carry them in their pocket everywhere. I know the software in the Digilux 2 and 3 are different in the Leica than in the Panasonic. Leica keeps its best for itself, but I think the software is the same in these two cameras. Let an old man have his toys!!!!

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
So we are clear, the D-Lux2 is now fully supported in RAW mode by OS X, and was long supported for JPEGs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.