Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PCuser214

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2020
I have an LG Ultrafine 5K (connected to MBpro) and I can tell you that you can use any adapter configuration you want to physically connect it, but you will not get the display to turn on unless it's connected to a Mac, period. Nothing else will send the correct display signal. It was designed specifically to connect to the mac and they ensured this would be the case. Not to sound like a jerk on this, but it simply won't work as others have stated.
That is not ture, that cable link I posted above work fine with PS4 PS5 and PC on LG Ultrafine 5K.

Reactions: ARCHBISH0P

JayCar

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2013
Houston, TX
That is not ture, that cable link I posted above work fine with PS4 PS5 and PC on LG Ultrafine 5K.
You've actually gotten this to work in your own home with your own gear? Color me skeptical, but can you post images showing the results?

It's a bit more suspect since you're a new user as of the 17th, and only posting about a $42 cable for sale on eBay. Not trying to be rude, just pointing out the current situation.

This has been tried many times before and has been unsuccessful. If I'm off base here and it's legit, then it's awesome you were able to figure it out. I just feel like in this case a bit more validation would help.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucky736

Lucky736

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2004
US
You've actually gotten this to work in your own home with your own gear? Color me skeptical, but can you post images showing the results?

It's a bit more suspect since you're a new user as of the 17th, and only posting about a $42 cable for sale on eBay. Not trying to be rude, just pointing out the current situation.

This has been tried many times before and has been unsuccessful. If I'm off base here and it's legit, then it's awesome you were able to figure it out. I just feel like in this case a bit more validation would help.
Agreed 100%

PCuser214

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2020

I'm not posting ebay link I just simply post a reddit link I found, don't know why here automatically appears the linked page preview screen,click the reddit link not ebay link to check out the detail from others. You have every right to suspect I know how hard this cable to be found,I have been following here for a long time, but I haven’t registered. When I found this solution I register as soon as possible to inform here just trying to help. As far as I know this cable has a built-in chip which expensive. I'm not at home now I will post pictures next week.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VIDEOENGINEERING/comments/hmao05

Last edited:

PCuser214

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2020
This cable even work on XDR

Last edited:

JayCar

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2013
Houston, TX
This cable Even work on XDR
I stand corrected. Thanks for posting that and I apologize again for my assumption. :)

ARCHBISH0P

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2014
Hoboken, NJ
I'd really like to buy one of these cables but that eBay seller appears to have sold out, and I cannot find them anywhere else after much searching. If anyone finds them and would be willing to share the link, I'd love to buy one!

PCuser214

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2020
I'd really like to buy one of these cables but that eBay seller appears to have sold out, and I cannot find them anywhere else after much searching. If anyone finds them and would be willing to share the link, I'd love to buy one!

The ebay seller they have a upgraded adapter I also bought one today it work perfect on 4k and they support TB3 Cable and HDR now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VIDEOENGINEERING/comments/hmao05

Attachments

• v2-29ece415ebdce93e8ad0a9de801ed182_1440w.jpg
    v2-29ece415ebdce93e8ad0a9de801ed182_1440w.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 342
  • v2-7b0738a95ab8d96e64ba5f4a2360676b_1440w.jpg
    v2-7b0738a95ab8d96e64ba5f4a2360676b_1440w.jpg
    436.6 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:

PCuser214

macrumors member
Nov 17, 2020
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.