Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
Just bought a Lime Green Totes Umbrella, the color is the same as the pic. Would you guys/gals consider it not the right color for a guy? I need an umbrella that is small to carry in my hospital white coat and this was the only color, but I showed it to my mom and she told me the color looks girlish? :confused:
thumb.php

What do YOU think?

EDIT2: I'm keeping it.

Last edited:

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
Just bought a Lime Green Totes Umbrella, the color is the same as the pic. Would you guys/gals consider it not the right color for a guy? I need an umbrella that is small to carry in my white coat and this was the only color, but I showed it to my mom and she told me the color looks girlish? :confused:

What do YOU think?

yeah, but really, who ya gonna listen to? She also told you the white coat made you look like a toff...

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Just bought a Lime Green Totes Umbrella, the color is the same as the pic. Would you guys/gals consider it not the right color for a guy? I need an umbrella that is small to carry in my white coat and this was the only color, but I showed it to my mom and she told me the color looks girlish? :confused:

What do YOU think?

You wear a white coat and worry about a green umbrella? Rock it with your cock out man. Who cares what people think?

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
Anyone who's laughing at you carrying around a green umbrella in the rain should be more worried about why they didn't bother bringing one with them in the first place and running faster to wherever they need to be.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
If you are confident in your masculinity, you can use any d*mn colour you want.
Yeah, but this one is still unused and can return. I thought the color was fine, got it for a good price - $8 at TJ Maxx, which is why I bought it.

yeah, but really, who ya gonna listen to? She also told you the white coat made you look like a toff...
You wear a white coat and worry about a green umbrella? Rock it with your cock out man. Who cares what people think?
Lol, it's an M.D. whitecoat ;)

Last edited:

Mr. McMac

Suspended
Dec 21, 2009
Far away from liberals
Come to my neighborhood wearing a white coat and lime green umbrella, you might no make it out of here in one piece.. I personally don't care, but some of the guys I know around here would have a field day with you..

7thson

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2012
Six Rivers, CA
Go for it! Tell her it's not girlish, it's sporty, which could be girlish, but I'm on your side here. Bonus feature: high visibility when crossing the street or parking lot on some days.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Yeah, but this one is still unused and can return. I thought the color was fine, got it for a good price - $8 at TJ Maxx, which is why I bought it.

Lol, it's an M.D. whitecoat ;)

But you don't wander in the rain in that though so why would it matter when speaking of an umbrella? If you're old enough to be an M.D. then I wonder why you care about the color of an umbrella.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Original poster
Nov 5, 2009
But you don't wander in the rain in that though so why would it matter when speaking of an umbrella? If you're old enough to be an M.D. then I wonder why you care about the color of an umbrella.

It's to put it into the coat pocket to carry w/ me. My car is about a 10min walk from the hospital door, don't have a locker so I have to carry small items like this or they might get "misplaced" in the lounge & I do have to walk w/ the coat. Also, if you don't care on the subject or looking for semantics issues on my OP then you don't have to reply. :)

Last edited:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'm telling you to just use the umbrella and I'm telling you not to care about what other people think. I don't really know what your hostility is all about. Clearly you care way too much about what people think about a ****ing umbrella.

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
I'm telling you to just use the umbrella and I'm telling you not to care about what other people think. I don't really know what your hostility is all about. Clearly you care way too much about what people think about a ****ing umbrella.

Me thinks he "borrowed" the coat from the Nurse's Station and used the keys in the pocket to get off the locked ward. "Mother" is really a euphemism for the padded chair with attached restraints and the umbrella came from SuperMax, not TJ Maxx...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supermax_prison

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68040
May 18, 2004

lol....yes, truth

If you're worried about how the color of your umbrella reflects on your, uh, masculinity, then I think you have bigger problems to wrestle.
LOL.....yes, truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.