Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mikethebigo

macrumors 68020
May 25, 2009
I get that but the difference with Pro-Motion isn’t a case of a feature you may or may not use from time to time, it’s something that stares you in the face constantly on an all-screen device. This is why I think it’s grossly unfair that the mid range iPad doesn’t have this.
If you choose to spec up to the iPad Pro because ProMotion is important to you, then somewhere at Apple a marketer will earn their wings.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I get that but the difference with Pro-Motion isn’t a case of a feature you may or may not use from time to time, it’s something that stares you in the face constantly on an all-screen device. This is why I think it’s grossly unfair that the mid range iPad doesn’t have this.
We both know why the mid tier doesn’t have PM.

I like PM but, I can’t see spending the price of MacBook for the new Pro model for my non money making use. If I got it on sale along with some with trade-in credit, things may be different.

shadowboi

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2024
Unknown
Only if you need pro features. M2 would be more than enough even in 10 years from now perspective. M4 on the other hand will have you covered for next 12-14 years of use.

OLED is questionable stuff. Unless you are really into “black blacks” and stuff.

If I decide to pull the trigger I would probably go with basic Air 13’. I am not into Apple Pencil and all the additional features. Sure M4 is better but I haven’t even found anything to challenge M1 on my Macbook, I don’t see any reason that it would change. AI/ML is questionable, at least for my use cases

*~Kim~*

macrumors 65816
May 6, 2013
UK
This. I avoided higher hz screens deliberately for this reason, fearing I’d be spoiled by it. My phone’s set to 90hz I think, so I haven’t even had the full effect and my Mini 6 seems choppy. Once you’ve seen it you can’t unsee it.

Given that I am now outgrowing 64GB when I never thought I would, I’m inclined to go 256 for my next iPad but neither the Air or Pro scream buy me currently (same RAM as Air 5.)

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
True but you’re forgetting about Pro-Motion. That makes a huge difference even for casual web browsing.

Not everybody sees the clear benefits of ProMotion as some peoples eyes can process lower refresh rates to the point there is no blur and lag. I can go between my iPhone that has ProMotion and other iPhones and iPads without an obvious differences to my eyes. Some people notice the difference straight away, especially if they have poorer vision and aging eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: AlexMac89
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.