Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chargr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
I had the logitech combo case for my iPad Pro 4th gen. It was great but the durability was terrible, only lasted 6-8 months before it started tearing. Has the new models improved? Held up better? I really want to get it again if it last longer now.

Reactions: ideaprison

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I had the logitech combo case for my iPad Pro 4th gen. It was great but the durability was terrible, only lasted 6-8 months before it started tearing. Has the new models improved? Held up better? I really want to get it again if it last longer now.
My first one started warping around the frame. It is so delicate and after only a few inserts and removals of the 12.9" iPad it was all distorted and looked like it was going to rip. Logitech sent me another one for free. It looks like it would have the same issue. Other than that I liked the large trackpad and function row keys!

I suppose if you never switch out the Logitech Combo for other cases it would'n be a problem. Note the Logitech Combo was unusable on the lap for me with the flap extended for keyboard use. For desktop us it was great, but it did take up a lot of space desktop space with the flap extended.

I've got a new Magic Keyboard from Apple on the way. Yes, it is more expensive. But I'm hoping its larger trackpad and function row keys do the job. I've got the older version of the Apple Magic Keyboard, and to be honest it doesn't balance will on the lap. I doubt the new version won't be much better.

Chargr

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 16, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
My first one started warping around the frame. It is so delicate and after only a few inserts and removals of the 12.9" iPad it was all distorted and looked like it was going to rip. Logitech sent me another one for free. It looks like it would have the same issue. Other than that I liked the large trackpad and function row keys!
I submitted a claim to Logitech and got a free replacement. I sold it though, could not trust it lol. So far doing quick research it seems like the new cases are holding up much better

Reactions: jazz1
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.