Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

oxkitsune

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2021
I was using the MX 3 as my primary mouse for my M1 MBP but after the recent update (11.2) it stopped working. The mouse works fine on my windows pc and the forward/back buttons also work fine. The only issue is that the mouse doesn't move when I move it. I've tried restarting multiple times, I tried bluetooth AND the usb dongle in multiple ports. Does anyone know how I can fix this? Or do I need to wait for apple to update again?

Reactions: Rob838383

orpheus1120

macrumors 65816
Jan 23, 2008
Malaysia
There are a lot of beta testers using MX M3. I am pretty sure yours is an isolated case because if it's a widespread issue, it would have long been reported.

You could have waited another 1-2 more weeks for the public release of 11.2. :D

Reactions: Never mind

oxkitsune

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2021
Have you updated Logi options?
Yeah, I've tried the latest version from their website but the tracking doesn't seem to work. The scroll wheel and the gesture button do work however. It's just the tracking. The tracking works fine on a different pc so it can't be the hardware. I'm very confused and annoyed :(

oxkitsune

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2021
Everything is up to date, I just checked thanks for the link! However, this doesn't change anything :( I've contacted logitech support and I'll wait for their response. Guess I have to work on my windows pc for now :(

oxkitsune

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2021
It's the one with the receiver, since it also supports bluetooth and the receiver works 100x better than bluetooth. I've repaired it like 5 times by now and it still doesn't work :(

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^I'm on an Intel NcMP with an MX Master. I've used every beta of Big Sur and I'm now on the RC of 11.2. No issues. I use the dongle.

Lou

hellfried

macrumors regular
May 3, 2008
Penang, Malaysia
Lots of people are using their MX Master 3 with the dongle. I had severe lagging and stuttering using the dongle but when I switched to Bluetooth everything was solved. Weird how finicky this mouse is for its premium price.

Reactions: icanhazmac

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012
^^^^My dongle is on the end of a USB cable and taped to the bottom of my mouse tray.

Lou

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
There is also an M1 bug with Logitech BT mice that I don't think has been fixed.

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
I'm using an MX Master 3 on my 2020 MBP via BT with no problems. I get occasional BT drop-outs with an old Magic Trackpad (first gen) but not the Logitech mouse.

TszChun.Anson

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2017
I'm using an MX Master 3 on my 2020 MBP via BT with no problems. I get occasional BT drop-outs with an old Magic Trackpad (first gen) but not the Logitech mouse.

I can't get my MX Master 3 and MX Keys working properly on my M1 MBA. After installing Logitech Options, certain permissions (e.g. Input Monitoring) were not even requested by the program. I have to manually add them back in System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Additionally, my custom settings set in Logitech Options do not consistently apply. It seems like they only work when Logitech Options is running. Should Logitech Options and Logitech Options Daemon be listed in "Login Items"?

TszChun.Anson

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2017
I have enabled “Use F1, F2 etc. as standard function keys”. I am wondering whether this is the culprit of the malfunction of the fn key on MX Keys...

senttoschool

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2017
Not to hijack this thread but my MX 2S mouse when connected with either BT or the supplied USB receiver both have stuttery/high latency issues. I have an M1 MBA. MacOS 11.1

Last edited:

guitarguy316

macrumors 6502
Sep 5, 2010
Hot to hijack this thread but my MX 2S mouse when connected with either BT or the supplied USB receiver both have stuttery/high latency issues. I have an M1 MBA. MacOS 11.1
Same issues for me on other Logitech mouses. I think it’s because they don’t have a driver or software for M1 yet by Logitech and it’s being converted.

I found that using SteerMouse and turning off acceleration, etc then used the Logitech options app to adjust settings got mine pretty smooth.

Avoid Bluetooth right now on an M1 anyways.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.