Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
Cube I thought you were more attentive than this as I'm not asking him to buy an E3 which I know is clearly out of his price range.

Go with the Fuji because of your budget but I'm surprised with some people having said there is no DSLR with an articulating screen when the Olympus E3 has one.

Mmmm... maybe. I will consider it further, but If I am going to spend $500 or more I think I would settle for a DSLR that lacks the articulated screen (like a D40).

I recognised his budget limit, and instead asked a question to his comment about if he had over $500, why would he get the D40 over an E3. It would seem odd that if he had MORE money he wouldn't get the camera with feature 'x' that he was originally looking for.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
He was referring to the Fuji, which costs more than $500, but less than $600.

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I have to recommend the Sony A300.
It has an articulating screen and the best Live View in the industry and you should be able to get one for around your budget.

vaguely-clear

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2008
I have to recommend the Sony A300.
It has an articulating screen and the best Live View in the industry and you should be able to get one for around your budget.

oooh, thanks for bringing that up. I see now that someone mentioned that camera earlier, but now that I look at it, that's probably a darn good choice. The screen doesn't articulate quite like the E3, but I'm probably getting a bit picky. :) My 990 doesn't swivel horizontally either.

Now to try and find one used.

Again, thanks to everyone for the help. I have quite a bit more direction now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.