Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
The question I have is will you be able to have more than one book open at once on a Mac?

This is useful when you are working on a project and need to jump between multiple references.

philipk

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
There is no reason why iBooks shouldn't have been there all along.

I agree.

My guess is that it is about copy protection. iBooks is the only e-book platform that hasn't been fully hacked.

Now that it will be available on OS X that will probably change. Not that I am advocating that hack.

I feel Apple realized that it was needed in OS X so it was will to sacrifice their copy protection security.

Honest buyers shouldn't be penalized for dishonest people. Personally I do not know anyone breaking the copy protection on their e-books.

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
May 1, 2009
The question I have is will you be able to have more than one book open at once on a Mac?

This is useful when you are working on a project and need to jump between multiple references.

Yep, Apple's website says you can have as many as you want open. I just hope it syncs your pdfs and lets you do all the annotation features on them too, not just the epubs. From the website:

Apple said:
If you’re a student hitting the books, keep as many open as you like and search through them with ease. When you quote an excerpt while writing a paper, iBooks adds a citation for you. And when you take notes, highlight passages, or add a bookmark on your Mac, iCloud pushes them to all your devices automatically.

http://www.apple.com/osx/preview/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.