Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is your HDMI port tight enough to keep the cable firm?

• Total voters

JohnFitz704

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2024
United States
MacBook Pro 14" M3 2023 - HDMI port is still loose. Connection (Video &/or Audio) drops when the MacBook moves ever so slightly since the cable isn't set correctly. Anyone get resolution from Apple warranty? I am supposed to ship to Apple for repairs, and I found this thread and now wonder if it is even with the time to send it in.

Last edited:

robfoll

Contributor
Mar 22, 2020
My wife's Apple MacBook Pro 14 2021 has the same problem. External adapter fine with all HDMI cables. The built-in HDMI is flaky with even the slightest movement. Not amused after reading this thread.

Reactions: phrehdd

DSTOFEL

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2011
MacBook Pro 14" M3 2023 - HDMI port is still loose. Connection (Video &/or Audio) drops when the MacBook moves ever so slightly since the cable isn't set correctly. Anyone get resolution from Apple warranty? I am supposed to ship to Apple for repairs, and I found this thread and now wonder if it is even with the time to send it in.
Same for me! Just bought one of the 14 inch MBP M3 Pro models. Fantastic laptop, but the HDMI cable port is just plain loose! If I move the laptop around it will come loose. Now, on my work laptop (a Dell), I use the same HDMI cable and it slides in nice and firm and almost feels like it clicks in place. It’s not moving.

What an odd thing that Apple did (e.g., unleash a perfectly good product with a glaring fault like that). Sounds like it’s a pretty wide spread issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.