Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1129DanM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2016
NV
I am so frustrated and fed up with trying to get some help or support from a site, firm, apple support, etc .... and its written as if I work for IBM. I don't understand a god damn thing you are talking about.
I have been hacked, the wifi, the iPhone...I have no idea how buy i am being blamed for shutting down some open air vice market on monospace, my life gets threatened daily... google monospace gangs... Not good.
They prob reading this...
And I don't have 4 years to sit and read every tech a holes way to do things.
Can someone point me in the right direction for idiots? Few basic tutorials?
Who builds a system that you can't uninstall? I have stupid mac cleaner and yeti and the camera turns on, they hacked my bank, FB, iPhone, Gmail
The I store has apps that are crawling with hacker groups... insane.
Thanks. This sucks.
Dan

1129DanM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2016
NV
Not even sure whether or not to take this post seriously.

Start by changing all your passwords and contacting your banks.
Yeah. I have twice this in last 2 weeks. Called support ran malware got all but one file and now it's hiding my files, pop ups. Fake emails from my friends. Nice folks.
[doublepost=1458186595][/doublepost]
Really? Is this how you always ask for help? Maybe that's why you're so frustrated.
You are probably right.

1129DanM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2016
NV
What exactly do you want to do with your computer? Delete everything and start over?
I think that's what I have to do. I do not have an external HD.
If I back up to external drive and reset, won't I just be putting the malware back in??

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
I think that's what I have to do. I do not have an external HD.
If I back up to external drive and reset, won't I just be putting the malware back in??

There is potential for re-introducing whatever issue is on your Mac currently, yes. A clean install would be the safest option, but also the least convenient.

This should walk you through exactly what you need to do.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904#erase

1129DanM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2016
NV
There is potential for re-introducing whatever issue is on your Mac currently, yes. A clean install would be the safest option, but also the least convenient.

This should walk you through exactly what you need to do.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904#erase
[doublepost=1458189170][/doublepost]I will check it out, I just really don't understand basic stuff that most people do. The articles say things like, launch a terminal code in the library file and I don't even know where to start. I don't know where to even type? In the help box? Search? Browser?
It took me 3 hours to attach a google phone #.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Are you foreign? Your post is written in a very non-native feeling English. Perhaps this is some of your frustration as well?

If you're looking to erase all your data on your computer, it's relatively simple to do. Start up the computer while holding Command+R and then open Disk Utility, and select the disk then format it.

1129DanM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2016
NV
Are you foreign? Your post is written in a very non-native feeling English. Perhaps this is some of your frustration as well?

If you're looking to erase all your data on your computer, it's relatively simple to do. Start up the computer while holding Command+R and then open Disk Utility, and select the disk then format it.

Yes foreign for south Boston.
I am typing this on my phone and i have the new iOS 9 and the keys are smaller or something.
Trying to do too many things at the same time as I fix something, they hack something else. My files are disappearing. When, I read a direction and it says go to utilities and then click this file its not there. It's a mess.
I appreciate all your posts, frustration level is high.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon
[doublepost=1458189170][/doublepost]
I will check it out, I just really don't understand basic stuff that most people do. The articles say things like, launch a terminal code in the library file and I don't even know where to start. I don't know where to even type? In the help box? Search? Browser?
It took me 3 hours to attach a google phone #.

None of the instructions on the link I provided have anything to do with the terminal.

1129DanM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2016
NV
None of the instructions on the link I provided have anything to do with the terminal.
How do I back up the files?
I don't have anywhere to do that?
Can they be backed up on the computer? I feel like every thing I have read says I need something outside of the computer. I have a thumb drive...

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Can they be backed up on the computer? I feel like every thing I have read says I need something outside of the computer. I have a thumb drive...
Simply for your sake, I would recommend starting completely fresh. Follow the instructions in my post, and after you erase the disk, go back to the main menu and 'reinstall OSX.'

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
Just bring it into an Apple Store. The Geniuses live for this type of help.

1129DanM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2016
NV
Simply for your sake, I would recommend starting completely fresh. Follow the instructions in my post, and after you erase the disk, go back to the main menu and 'reinstall OSX.'[/QUOTE
Just bring it into an Apple Store. The Geniuses live for this type of help.

There is a slight issue with that as well. That reverts back to the trouble I am having with the mocospace problem. I appreciate everyone's effort. I have apple support helping me. I will probably end up erasing everything and starting fresh.
Feel free to Google mocospace gangs. It's a tenuous situation.
Thank you and sorry for being an ass.
Going to sign off.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

Use time machine. You'll need an external hard drive that is at least equal to the space you've used on your internal hard drive.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

Can they be backed up on the computer?

Anything backed up on the computer would be lost when you format the internal drive.

I feel like every thing I have read says I need something outside of the computer. I have a thumb drive...

If you just have a few documents you need to back up, a thumb drive will work. Otherwise you'll need an external hard drive as I mentioned above.

1129DanM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2016
NV
There is a slight issue with that as well. That reverts back to the trouble I am having with the mocospace problem. I appreciate everyone's effort. I have apple support helping me. I will probably end up erasing everything and starting fresh.
Feel free to Google mocospace gangs. It's a tenuous situation.
Thank you and sorry for being an ass.
Going to sign off.
Oh.. I am not in the gang. Wandered into this site and ended up somewhere I wasn't supposed to be. Similar to Silk Road but a lot less sopisticated.

pcgeek12345

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2011
New Jersey
Take it to an Apple Store, have them reinstall OS X, then install the Web of Trust extension in Safari to warn you when youre going on these bad sites that gave you all this trouble in the first place. The guys at Apple can help you out.

1129DanM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2016
NV
Sooooo......
I got it with the aid of a nice guy from Malware Byte tech support. Spoke to an old friend who techie, feels the virus is in the bios and scrub everything, don't back up anything. No choice. My question is, how can I tell or what will happen, let's say the virus is gone, I would rather not loser everything.
Thoughts?
Dan
[doublepost=1458272519][/doublepost]
Take it to an Apple Store, have them reinstall OS X, then install the Web of Trust extension in Safari to warn you when youre going on these bad sites that gave you all this trouble in the first place. The guys at Apple can help you out.
I was hoping to avoid that, but this is way over my head and fear you are right. I think this is more than a virus, this is an attack. I joust wait for each days new adventure with this.
Thank you.

Toutou

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2015
Prague, Czech Republic
Take the machine to an Apple Store.
You're not being attacked and you computer almost certainly hasn't been "hacked". You've probably introduced some kind of malware into it. We make mistakes and that's okay, but let it be clear that whatever is happening to your computer is entirely your fault. And because you're obviously lost and not able to follow our suggestions and repair the thing, your best bet is to let the pros take care of it. They're the tech support and you're a customer.

And what the hell are "monospace gangs"?

High Desert

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2015
Powell Butte, Or.
No idea what the "monospace gangs" are as I can find no reference to them anywhere. Like everyone else says, if you can't sort it out yourself, go to the Genius Bar at an Apple store to have them fix the problem. Monospace gang, really????

1129DanM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2016
NV
So instead of going to Apple you went to Malwarebytes?

I was just following apple support direction. They said it was safe to install. It worked, pretty much.
[doublepost=1458329638][/doublepost]
No idea what the "monospace gangs" are as I can find no reference to them anywhere. Like everyone else says, if you can't sort it out yourself, go to the Genius Bar at an Apple store to have them fix the problem. Monospace gang, really????
Mocospace
[doublepost=1458329748][/doublepost]
Take the machine to an Apple Store.
You're not being attacked and you computer almost certainly hasn't been "hacked". You've probably introduced some kind of malware into it. We make mistakes and that's okay, but let it be clear that whatever is happening to your computer is entirely your fault. And because you're obviously lost and not able to follow our suggestions and repair the thing, your best bet is to let the pros take care of it. They're the tech support and you're a customer.

And what the hell are "monospace gangs"?
Mocosp. Is least of my worries. This all came from I store. Be careful what apps you download.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.