Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

1129DanM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2016
NV
I was just following apple support direction. They said it was safe to install. It worked, pretty much.
[doublepost=1458329638][/doublepost]
Mocospace
[doublepost=1458329748][/doublepost]
Mocosp. Is least of my worries. This all came from I store. Be careful what apps you download.
I'll be more careful what I install from now on, especially with people I know getting adware too. Thanks!
i would atleast research it a little first. What I have been reading after the fact is pretty scary stuff.

1129DanM

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2016
NV
Take it to an Apple Store, have them reinstall OS X, then install the Web of Trust extension in Safari to warn you when youre going on these bad sites that gave you all this trouble in the first place. The guys at Apple can help you out.
I spent 8 hours @ the Mac Store today and the problem is 100% not resolved. The just repeat the company line. Change passwords, set up the extra privacy. I reset the ID and with in the time of being there I was getting error messages, emails to reset password.
One guy ther finally told me to go to cop. F that make my life 10 times worse.
Update: my Gmail is fried... I can't even begin to untangle this mess.
Everything Google does not work associated with me. And 0 support from the G. Any suggestions? Any way to reset it and recover?
Oh well... Good news is I am losing weight. Ugh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.