Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Manish1337

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2023
Lost my right AirPod the day I got it and my find my isn’t helping!

Lost my right AirPod the day I got it and my find my isn’t helping, can someone help me find it ? I lost my right AirPod and have the case and the left bud, the map attached shows that the left and right are present at the Tim hortons, but I have the left and the case with me, look at the map, it’s wierd and and the location marked with Right bud has nothing it’s just a empty road ! Is there any way I can get a precise location !

Attachments

• IMG_3960.png
    IMG_3960.png
    732.8 KB · Views: 157

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Find My doesn't show you where the AirPod "Is," it shows you where your phone was when the AirPod was removed from the case.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Find My doesn't show you where the AirPod "Is," it shows you where your phone was when the AirPod was removed from the case.
Thats not completely correct. From "Devices" in Find My it will help you find an AirPods because of the U1 chip. It takes some methodical walking around until 'Far' turns into 'Near'. If your environment is quiet , playing the sound can help get you closer to them.

IMG_3969.PNG
IMG_3966.PNG
IMG_3967.PNG
IMG_3968.PNG

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Valid point. What you're describing works with AirPods Pro, or AirPods 3rd gen (or AirPods Max but obviously that's not what the OP has), and relies on certain features having been enabled before it was lost. Given what the OP is seeing and that (apparently) they're not finding the AirPod at that location; I'm guessing they have 1st or 2nd gen regular AirPods that don't support that feature. Or, perhaps, they just don't have Find My Network enabled & the lost AirPod is no longer near there.

Manish1337

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2023
I don’t got a option to select left or right bud while searching in find my !

Manish1337

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2023
How do I get guided directions to the right bud ? Nothing shows up after going to the right bud location ! Please help me out !
I don’t got a option to select left or right bud while searching in find my !

Attachments

• IMG_3968.png
    IMG_3968.png
    924.4 KB · Views: 45

Manish1337

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2023
Thats not completely correct. From "Devices" in Find My it will help you find an AirPods because of the U1 chip. It takes some methodical walking around until 'Far' turns into 'Near'. If your environment is quiet , playing the sound can help get you closer to them.

View attachment 2241858
View attachment 2241855
View attachment 2241856
View attachment 2241857
Mine just show like this unlike your guided location? Nothing happens when I am at the R location

Attachments

• IMG_3973.png
    IMG_3973.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_3972.png
    IMG_3972.png
    435.5 KB · Views: 49

Jamie's_Tech

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2021
Sounds very unfortunate. Some great info available on the web. (not sure if MacRumors lets us link to other sites but if so try this advice. However. you're three days in, the AirPods have definitely lost charge and therefore won't be in bluetooth range. I think you have 2 options:
1) enjoy your media with the left bud only
2) buy a new right bud.

transmaster

Contributor
Feb 1, 2010
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Here is one of the many reasons why I alway purchase Applecare. If you lose a earpiece Apple will replace it for a fee. If you Have Apple Care it is cheaper than without but either way Apple can fix you up, give Apple support a call.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.