Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

guch20

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Michigan, USA
I just installed iOS 5 on my iPad 2 and I love it! Notification Center alone makes the update worth it for me, but the added gestures and tabbed browsing are icing on the cake.

One problem though: when I go to play a song on the (nicely updated) iPod app (now called "Music"), I can't find a way to display my song lyrics. I know they're loaded on the song, but they don't show up. It used to work with just a tap, but not anymore.

Is there a setting I can change for this, or is it a glitch, or are the lyrics actually just gone?

Any help would be appreciated.

gngon

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2012
Solution

Here is a workaround "Lyrics View" from app store.

Last edited:

kanbay1

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2016
I just installed iOS 5 on my iPad 2 and I love it! Notification Center alone makes the update worth it for me, but the added gestures and tabbed browsing are icing on the cake.

One problem though: when I go to play a song on the (nicely updated) iPod app (now called "Music"), I can't find a way to display my song lyrics. I know they're loaded on the song, but they don't show up. It used to work with just a tap, but not anymore.

Is there a setting I can change for this, or is it a glitch, or are the lyrics actually just gone?

Any help would be appreciated.
[doublepost=1474259480][/doublepost]had this problem too and called apple they said delete ll the songs from the iphone then reload them again then it worked perfectly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.