Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Starting today, Apple's new M2 iPad Air and M4 iPad Pro models are available for same-day or next-day pickup at Apple Stores, with no pre-order required. Online orders are also beginning to arrive to customers today.

M4-iPad-Pro-and-Air-Feature.jpg

Customers across the United States, Canada, Europe, Asia, and other regions can now place an order on Apple's website or in the Apple Store app and arrange for in-store pickup at a local retail location.

To order a product with ‌Apple Store‌ pickup, add the product to your bag on Apple.com, proceed to checkout, select the "I'll pick it up" option, enter your ZIP code, choose an available ‌Apple Store‌ location, and select a pickup date. Payment is completed online, and a valid government-issued photo ID and the order number may be required upon pickup.

The new 11-inch and 13-inch iPad Pro and is Apple's highest-end tablet, featuring the same M-series chips Apple uses for Macs. The latest iPad Pro models feature the M4 chip, a super slim design, Thunderbolt support, Face ID, up to 2TB storage, and OLED display technology.

Pricing on the 11-inch OLED iPad Pro starts at $999 with 256GB of storage, and pricing on the 13-inch OLED iPad starts at $1,299.

For those looking for an iPad Pro size that's more affordable, Apple also launched a new iPad Air in the same 11-inch and 13-inch sizes, but the iPad Air is thicker and heavier, lacks an OLED display, uses Touch ID instead of Face ID, and has an M2 chip instead of an M4 chip.

Pricing starts at $599 for the 11-inch iPad Air with 128 GB of storage, while pricing starts at $799 for the 13-inch model.

Article Link: M4 iPad Pro and M2 iPad Air Models Now Available for Same-Day Pickup

Last edited:
Reactions: ConvertedToMac

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
No delays, Apple must be sitting on a lot of M4 chips
Or they still haven't overcome the 2018 iPad Pro gap...for most people that aren't digital artists or video editors, this iPad will do nothing more than any of the 2018-2022 iPads, which people already bought or are now available for much cheaper than the $999 starting price of the new iPad Pro.

I want one...but they will have to convince me at WWDC. For my use case, basically nothing will be improved except the screen quality (coming from an 11") The power is overkill, the weight/thinness is negated by the fact that it sits in the keyboard stand most of the time. The pencil squeeze gesture might be nice but I use my pencil maybe once a week.

bellnen

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2023
Or they still haven't overcome the 2018 iPad Pro gap...for most people that aren't digital artists or video editors, this iPad will do nothing more than any of the 2018-2022 iPads, which people already bought or are now available for much cheaper than the $999 starting price of the new iPad Pro.

I want one...but they will have to convince me at WWDC. For my use case, basically nothing will be improved except the screen quality (coming from an 11") The power is overkill, the weight/thinness is negated by the fact that it sits in the keyboard stand most of the time. The pencil squeeze gesture might be nice but I use my pencil maybe once a week.
The not improved battery life....

Antoniosmalakia

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2021

I have the iPad Pro with the A12Z from 2020, and honestly, while it doesn't have a fancy double layer OLED and Pro pencil support (which does look pretty amazing as an upgrade), it's still incredibly powerful for what I sometimes need it for, which is sketching and such and photo editing, and it doesn't skip a beat.

Apple Silicon was already a beast before M1, and as you say, the old iPad Pros are still serviceable.

bellnen

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2023
In Europe I can already find stores that sell the base iPad 11inch for 50€ cheaper then MSRP. The silver 5G more then 130€.

Reactions: Jovijoker

Antoniosmalakia

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2021
Seems like a hard sell for Apple this year. Vision Pro and now iPad. Initial demand will be good, but after it dies quickly. I’m going to the store today and will see how much of a line there is.
All the Apple Stores within a 60 (odd) mile radius of me have all models available for pickup, though it's still only 11:10am as of writing, so perhaps the queues around the block haven't quite cleared them out yet?!

W£S

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2021
It is so much more expensive and yet can’t do much more. Not unexpected that the demand is low. Hopefully this pushes them to do something drastic at WWDC, i.e. allow Mac apps on the new M4 iPads

symphony

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2016
LOL M4 iPad Pro, can’t even play more 1 audio at the same time or have a calculator because Apple spent years trying to reinvent the wheel and realizing they just can’t. You need resizable windows so your calculator app doesn’t look like a fisher price joke. Which means full screen shouldn’t always be the default. And trying to make a calculator app a widget or in app extension is just skirting around the reality that macOS did things perfectly. So hurry up and make iPadOS powerful already smh, it seems like people are finally coming to this realization but I’ve been asking this for years.

They need to update the mini tho

Reactions: dustin_

Alwis

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2017
I ordered an iPad Pro 11" on the announcement day to replace my old 2017 10.5" Pro, will pick it up in the nearest Apple Store on Friday. But to be honest, my old iPad is still "good enough" most of the time, the battery gets old and sometime I could use more storage (256GB in the model).

The reasons why I ordered the new one are the battery, the OLED screen and because I suspect, that my old iPad will not get iPadOS 18.

But the new Pros are really expensive, the cheapest Pro is more than half of the average monthly net wage here in Germany, so I am not surprised at all, that there are no queues at the store. Just for comparision, starting price for the 10.5 Pro where 729 EUR, including tax, here in Germany, the 2024 Pro starts at 1199 EUR.

bellnen

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2023
I ordered an iPad Pro 11" on the announcement day to replace my old 2017 10.5" Pro, will pick it up in the nearest Apple Store on Friday. But to be honest, my old iPad is still "good enough" most of the time, the battery gets old and sometime I could use more storage (256GB in the model).

The reasons why I ordered the new one are the battery, the OLED screen and because I suspect, that my old iPad will not get iPadOS 18.

But the new Pros are really expensive, the cheapest Pro is more than half of the average monthly net wage here in Germany, so I am not surprised at all, that there are no queues at the store. Just for comparision, starting price for the 10.5 Pro where 729 EUR, including tax, here in Germany, the 2024 Pro starts at 1199 EUR.
Look around (Geizhals, Idealo), there are already deals available here in Austria so I suspect it is the same in Germany!

BarrettF77

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2015
No line 3 hours before opening here in central US. One of the larger stores in Dallas. No employees here yet either. So likely a quiet and very soft release for those interested. Doesn’t appear the displays have been updated as of yet either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.