Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dawnrazor

macrumors 6502
Jan 16, 2008
Auckland New Zealand
Cost me AUD$2,578 from the Apple Education store. But I also sold my M2 iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil 2 for AUD$1650.
Was looking at doing this very same scenario… but with my M1 12.9” iPP… reckon I could just about get 50% of the purchase price of the 13” iPP and a keyboard selling my old one… and that is getting it through the education store as well… but it still leaves quiet a bit to find…

Funny thought though… the only reason I’d buy it is to maximise the trade in value on my M1… I’d be buying the m4 iPP just so I can get a great deal on my old M1 … thats a bit nuts isn’t it… or genius!!!!

dumastudetto

macrumors 603
Aug 28, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
We should all be so proud of all Australians and New Zealanders who have bought into this paradigm shift with M4 iPad Pro. It is literally the most powerful personal computer on earth. Get creating, mates.

Reactions: max2

mushy peas

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
Bought an M2 iPad Air and have found it’s just a slightly worse version of the 2018 iPad Pro I gave to my wife.

It‘s not a huge problem, as I only bought it for note-taking, low impact work tasks and consumption.

Except Touch ID really, really sucks. You don‘t think about how good FaceID is until you go back to TouchID. It just makes so many different little tasks suck, especially during set up as you’re inputting so many passwords.

Reactions: DotCom2 and max2

jambon

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2010
London
Both my 13 inch pros arrived about an hour ago, ordered both to see if I preferred the standard or nano textured glass, definitely keeping the standard and returning the nano, it’s affects on the OLED viewing experience was as bad as I thought it would be.
Please could you elaborate. Is it the grey / washed out colours that seemed to be apparent in the early review videos?

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I’m kind of over the iPad Pro. My 14” M3 Max MacBook Pro with 64GB of memory and a whole-ass operating system runs circles around this thing with regard to performance, productivity, ports, display size, and battery life.

I think my next iPad will be primarily for content consumption, with maybe some light creative work. Getting the cheaper 11” size, and only getting the Pro because OLED. Don’t care about memory next time. Hardly multitask more than split screen. Getting whatever is least expensive with OLED. Could see them maybe add a single layer OLED to the Air in a couple years? It needs something to distinguish it from the regular iPad. Don’t care about having a crazy bright OLED. I only use it indoors, mainly on the couch or in bed.

Reactions: brgjoe and max2

Surfsalot

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2023
Or you could save $129 AUD and buy a 14" 512GB MacBook Pro upgraded to 16GB of RAM for $2999AUD

Hell you could even pay $30 to get the 96W charge brick and still be under the iPad price! Or pay $170 and get 24GB of RAM!

iPad pricing makes no sense.
Yeah that was going around in my brain, I have a iMac though not sure I want another Mac.
You can get the 14” 18/512 for $3100 on EDU store.

Reactions: chineseguy38

Antoniosmalakia

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2021
And how about future iPadOS versions? You don’t know if you’ll need the power for added features, the OS itself or simply for longer support.
That will almost certainly be the case in the long term, in regard to future updates, yes. That was never in any doubt. That, however, has little to do with what I said, and doesn't negate my point about the M1 being okay "now".

abdelrm

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
Sydney, Australia
Just picked up my iPad Pro from the Local Post Office. Plan to get the Magic Keyboard tomorrow at the Apple Store then unbox both at the same time. This will be a significant upgrade for me, as you'll see below.

Purchased: 13" iPad Pro M4, Space Black, 1TB, Wi-Fi + Cellular
Upgraded from: 12.9" iPad Pro, Space Grey, 512GB, Wi-Fi + Cellular (2018)

Congrats to everyone who have been able to get their iPad.

WhiteHawk

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
That will almost certainly be the case in the long term, in regard to future updates, yes. That was never in any doubt. That, however, has little to do with what I said, and doesn't negate my point about the M1 being okay "now".
I didn’t say it did, but the thing is not everyone can buy a device this expensive every year so you have to look at not only if it runs well now but how it’s going to do years later.

If I had a M1 iPad Pro now instead of the 2018 iPad Pro which doesn’t run the latest iPadOS that smoothly I wouldn’t be looking at upgrading till iPadOS 20 is probably out.

Reactions: Antoniosmalakia

Antoniosmalakia

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2021
I didn’t say it did, but the thing is not everyone can buy a device this expensive every year so you have to look at not only if it runs well now but how it’s going to do years later.

If I had a M1 iPad Pro now instead of the 2018 iPad Pro which doesn’t run the latest iPadOS that smoothly I wouldn’t be looking at upgrading till iPadOS 20 is probably out.

All I can say is I'm interested to see what Apple bring to the table next month with regard to iPadOS. One truly hopes iPadOS gets the ground up reimagining it (and this new iPad line up) deserves.

Reactions: G5isAlive

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
Bought an M2 iPad Air and have found it’s just a slightly worse version of the 2018 iPad Pro I gave to my wife.

It‘s not a huge problem, as I only bought it for note-taking, low impact work tasks and consumption.

Except Touch ID really, really sucks. You don‘t think about how good FaceID is until you go back to TouchID. It just makes so many different little tasks suck, especially during set up as you’re inputting so many passwords.

I went to an Air last year from a pro. I never thought I’d really miss Face ID, but I definitely do. It’s one of (not the only) reason I decided to get an M4 pro.

Reactions: SFjohn

Dodgykebab

macrumors newbie
Nov 12, 2019
Please could you elaborate. Is it the grey / washed out colours that seemed to be apparent in the early review videos?
Sorry for the late reply mate, just got home from work.

It’s not washed out per se and is very impressive while outdoors, I had a play around on my balcony and the reflection on the nano is practically nullified, but the trade off (in my opinion) is that the inky blacks that I love from an oled display has a matte surface over it. It also looks very grey on certain viewing angles. For some people it’s going to be great, but for me I use it in my dark theatre office and then it becomes my tv in bed.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Another reason why it didn't sell out? Apple didn't really show off anything significant or revolutionary that these iPad Pros can do, that previous models couldn't do, apart from the Apple Pencil Pro integration...

Now, if WWDC comes around and Apple announces something truly groundbreaking that affect the new iPad Pros? I can totally see them selling out next month, with that promise in mind...we shall see...
You can only do so much to make iPad a better glorified iPhone without adding calling function, nfc and better camera. Apple never made any serious attempt to change that, and recent PR stunt gives me the impression that they don’t care about that at all.

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
OK I lied - I made a new thread :)

View attachment 2378118 View attachment 2378117 View attachment 2378116 View attachment 2378119
How is the stability compared to the old combo as far as tipping backward? Better, worse, same?

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Yep, plenty of stock at all stores and clearly no rush on orders avail for delivery tommorow. Keep pricing higher Apple 👌👍
Graciously, they seem to lack the courage to jack up the product price by a factor of 2 or higher. Maybe they knew people should still be able to afford their premium luxurious consumer electronics?
I mean what’s the difference between $100 monthly repayments and $200 monthly repayments for most Americans right? /s :rolleyes:

return2sendai

macrumors 65816
Oct 22, 2018
I’m picking my iPad Pro 13” 256GB Space Black wifi with Magic Keyboard up from the Apple Store in 30 mins.

Cost me AUD$2,578 from the Apple Education store. But I also sold my M2 iPad Pro, Magic Keyboard and Apple Pencil 2 for AUD$1650.

Stay tuned for photos here. Can’t be bothered making a thread for it
Yeah. Making a thread. iPadOS so sucks.

kkee

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2023
Sydney
Another reason why it didn't sell out? Apple didn't really show off anything significant or revolutionary that these iPad Pros can do, that previous models couldn't do, apart from the Apple Pencil Pro integration...

Now, if WWDC comes around and Apple announces something truly groundbreaking that affect the new iPad Pros? I can totally see them selling out next month, with that promise in mind...we shall see...
Who said it didn’t sell out? That’s presumptuous.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.