Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ministry

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 1, 2024
Hi I am from Uruguay , My Mac Book Pro M1 16 inch, 1 tera, 32 gigas ram, shopped in US on december 2022, It is dead, broken.
It seems to be the motherboard. I have used very profesionally. Only in my studio.No liquid into the laptop never.
It started to shut down completely random, sometimes without using it at night. until last week when it did not turn oon anymore.
Not even light on the charged, Can not believe this !
Does any one has experiment something similar ???

wonderings

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2021
Hi I am from Uruguay , My Mac Book Pro M1 16 inch, 1 tera, 32 gigas ram, shopped in US on december 2022, It is dead, broken.
It seems to be the motherboard. I have used very profesionally. Only in my studio.No liquid into the laptop never.
It started to shut down completely random, sometimes without using it at night. until last week when it did not turn oon anymore.
I have an 14" M1 Max, no issues. Do you have AppleCare? I would touch base with Apple and see what they have to say. This would not be a normal for Apple products.

djkeats

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2024
I have a MacBook Pro 13" M1 brought in 2021 July...£1,9000.00 as I went with an upgrade 1TB SSD, now since I updated to Samona OS, my laptop has faulted.. I lost several applications and icons, and tried to down load these apps again, which I purchased through Apple Store. but they wouldn't down load... after a several days and attempt to do this I thought I would update samona update OS I4.4.1 this update would never install ... I call Apple for support which was a scenario of reinstalling Ventura ? several call later and scenarios with apple directions, ventura failed to install...

after this the laptop started glitching...and has since failed to boot up .. Apple requested Isend it to an Apple Store, which they said the Memory was corrupt,, weather it is the (RAM), or the NVME SSD drive ? I don't know? but the repair would be at a cost of £500.00 to me! There is a lot of know cases where Samona OS has caused serious underlining issues especially with M1 chips...And Apple still refuse to take responsibility as they put the OS out there for us to update our software. can you advise

djkeats

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2024
additional
people are complaining about the same problem, and not all are 13” MacBook pros, some are 16 MacBook Pros”, and MacBook Airs, and they are all the M1 chips.

Alameda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
I have a MacBook Pro 13" M1 brought in 2021 July...£1,9000.00 as I went with an upgrade 1TB SSD, now since I updated to Samona OS, my laptop has faulted.. I lost several applications and icons, and tried to down load these apps again, which I purchased through Apple Store. but they wouldn't down load... after a several days and attempt to do this I thought I would update samona update OS I4.4.1 this update would never install ... I call Apple for support which was a scenario of reinstalling Ventura ? several call later and scenarios with apple directions, ventura failed to install...

after this the laptop started glitching...and has since failed to boot up .. Apple requested Isend it to an Apple Store, which they said the Memory was corrupt,, weather it is the (RAM), or the NVME SSD drive ? I don't know? but the repair would be at a cost of £500.00 to me! There is a lot of know cases where Samona OS has caused serious underlining issues especially with M1 chips...And Apple still refuse to take responsibility as they put the OS out there for us to update our software. can you advise
Installing software will not break the hardware.

Arctic Moose

macrumors 65816
Jun 22, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Although Apple hardware has been extremely reliable for me over the last 30+ years, unfortunately components do fail from time to time.

It sounds like you have purchased the laptop in the US and then imported it to Uruguay, is that correct?

Perhaps there is a consumer organization you could contact that could advise you about which course of action you may have available to you in this situation?

(For example, Swedish consumer protection laws provide you the option to complain about defects within three years of the purchase date, regardless of whatever policy or warranty the seller may have.)

Alameda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2012
Apple provides a one year warranty. You can purchase an additional year or two of warranty.
Some credit cards add a second year of warranty. If you purchased the MacBook with a credit card, read the agreement, and maybe your credit card has added the year of warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.