Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RLRL

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2015
Here is a problem that is driving me crazy. I have two machines, iMac, High Sierra, Mac Book Pro, High Sierra, both with the same email Mac app (11.5). On the iMac my icloud email account connects no issue perfectly. On the Mac Book Pro the same email account will not connect, Connection Doctor will not connect it. Both account preferences are exactly the same on both Mac's, exactly. Why is the Mac Book Pro Mail not connecting the icloud email. Both are on my wifi no issues. What is going on here????

Comments?

amaze1499

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2014
Here is a problem that is driving me crazy. I have two machines, iMac, High Sierra, Mac Book Pro, High Sierra, both with the same email Mac app (11.5). On the iMac my icloud email account connects no issue perfectly. On the Mac Book Pro the same email account will not connect, Connection Doctor will not connect it. Both account preferences are exactly the same on both Mac's, exactly. Why is the Mac Book Pro Mail not connecting the icloud email. Both are on my wifi no issues. What is going on here????

Comments?
I experienced similar issues. Do you have iCloud private relay enabled? Or a second provider setup in Mail?

RLRL

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2015
When I select Connection Doctor on iMac the iCloud email account quickly connects. However, on the Macbook Pro, same iCloud email, exactly same settings duplicated, the Connection Doctor spins for a long while then says could not connect to server, check setting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.